P1000 FYI, Honda responce to heat problem

Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did many add ones and honestly, some have helped but on a long ride the measured heat goes above 100 degrees. I have almost stopped riding it if the temp gets above 80. I do think the only real solution is completely removing the windshield or the doors.

Reactions: ChadD
R

rickoshea

Looks like an topic thats been going for awhile... I'm new to side by sides I don't currently have the one I ordered yet (be a couple months I'm told). So I'm getting the 1000/5 seater is this still a problem on the newer models?
being in the pnw,i don't think the heat will be too much of an issue.i'm just north of you in central bc and heat is a non issue unless i blast thru a small lake and steam myself to death.a half windshield really helps.you'll appreciate the little bit of heat come January.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looks like an topic thats been going for awhile... I'm new to side by sides I don't currently have the one I ordered yet (be a couple months I'm told). So I'm getting the 1000/5 seater is this still a problem on the newer models?
No windshield or a flip up windshield is the #1 thing to reduce heat IMO. I also have extra insulation under the seat and a under seat fan. Last year I added some small fans to hang in the roof to blow directly on us for those slow technical rides when there is no air flow. Everything helps a little. You're never gonna eliminate it because you're riding on top of the motor.

J

Joevig

Dec 6, 2020
GTA Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Do not currently own
I find the heat under seat to be an issue only after about 70 degrees or so. Cooler than that, even with a windshield, roof and mid-panel it's mostly a welcome addition. I found that I could drive around without a coat or just a light jacket and be very comfortable in temps 40-65 or so. That being said, I live in Kentucky and the summers are awful. Before I bought my Pioneer, I was riding a Grizzly which also got terribly uncomfortable riding long distance in the summer months and that is sitting out in the open. So now that the temps are 80's and 90's, it's just hot so I have added a heat shield sold by a member of this group which made a considerable improvement then I placed a 4" bilge blower also described by other members which has my heat problems pretty much gone. Now I know it's a bit of a workaround and 95 degrees is still to hot to enjoy a long ride, but it has become perfectly serviceable. When the temps drop, out comes the blower. Only about 35 bucks.
HI Robert. I 'm Joe and live North of Toronto in East Gwillimbury. I find what you did to be possibly the best solution to getting rid of the heat from under the seat. I just picked up a 2021 1000-5 this year and i have a roof and glass windshield. I am looking for a solution and yours seems to offer the best of both worlds if you need heat shut the blower off. Would you be able to share where you purchase the blower and any pictures of your install would be appreciated.

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
J

Jon63ill

Feb 7, 2021
St louis
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Do not currently own

3. Big Red
Me too. I'm a cool or cold weather guy. I like winter camping, I cut and haul firewood all fall and winter. I hunt. These guys that camp and ride long trails for pleasure in the summer are tougher than me.
I mostly only want to ride it when it below 70. Very short ride above.

Reactions: Lady01
Tyrod

Tyrod

May 4, 2016
Ms
I take the doors off in the summer, have a solid rubber mat under the seat, bubble rap between seat and seat back, gorilla tape on all seams where dash panels meat. 39,600 miles later, still tolerable in the summer but room for improvement!

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed a bilge blower fan in my engine compartment. MacGyver'd a bracket 2 blow it straight at the exhaust headers to blow the heat out the back. Got a switch on my dash for it. You can feel the engine heat cool down instantly.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
39,600 miles later,
Wow impressed with the mileage. This miles or klms. Also wondering how trouble free with this amount of miles. Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!