BOX1

P500 ignition problem

V

vincer

May 4, 2016
tilbury ontario
I took my pioneer 500 out turkey hunting today and when I got to my spot my machine would not turn off. The whole ignition switch would rotate with the key in it and wouldn't stop. I ended up not hunting and returned home. When I got home I tried turning the key off and this time it worked and the switch was tight again. This is a 2015 with less than 40 hrs. on it. Wondering if anybody out there has had a problem like this or might know what might have caused it Any imfo would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Reactions: rtn001
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Just replaced the ignition switch on my 2001 Caravan for the same problem.

Reactions: rtn001
C

Chadwick1968

Oct 7, 2018
Angola la
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I turn the key and it goes past where it should stop sometimes the pioneer 500 starts and sometimes it won’t. Sometimes the lights come on Any hints as to why might be wrong. I checked the battery and it’s good. Sometimes. Not offer I can get it to start if the key is positioned just rite.

Reactions: rtn001 and DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I turn the key and it goes past where it should stop sometimes the pioneer 500 starts and sometimes it won’t. Sometimes the lights come on Any hints as to why might be wrong. I checked the battery and it’s good. Sometimes. Not offer I can get it to start if the key is positioned just rite.
That big plastic nut is all that holds it in. If that's loose, could have backed out enough to let the whole switch rotate?

Reactions: rtn001 and 500oneer
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!