P1000 IGR? Are you still happy..

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those of you with IGR, are you still liking it? Any long term issues? I am running a true measured 31 inch tire and i am either going to have to do the IGR or go to 29

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If you run much higher speeds, I’m not sure it would be a good choice but for trail riding, it’s a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm so burned out on spending money on a trail rig, to make it trail worthy! Looking for another buggy, seems they all have the same flaws!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm so burned out on spending money on a trail rig, to make it trail worthy! Looking for another buggy, seems they all have the same flaws!

To be fair the Pioneer is a great trail rig in stock form, and will go a great many places most people would be too afraid to try to go, but the path of most resistance is not one for stock machines.

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll let you know here in February, igr is going in! I really doubt I'm going to hate it. I feel the wheel speed is still too fast even in low range for the technical riding I do. Honestly we never really get past 40mph on the trails.

J

JTW

I'll let you know here in February, igr is going in! I really doubt I'm going to hate it. I feel the wheel speed is still too fast even in low range for the technical riding I do. Honestly we never really get past 40mph on the trails.
I agree... it would make more sense for me. But I’m hung on the idea of maybe I just get a sport machine for my riding and reserve the pioneer for the family... I dunno.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love mine it is/was a little loud but I took it to a shop and they said I got a bad set of gears and they are being changed now. To be clear not working bad just not cut perfect so a little loud. When I get my new set I will try to remember to chime in on how quiet the new set is. But they have worked great for 2 years with my 32s on them.

Reactions: BWAF and Isaiah
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is what finished looks like to me. Ok ok maybe just till next year. lol
IMG 4079

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Sirblart If you go to 32s it will be just like stock but any small tire will be like adding gears in a truck. It may slow it down a few MPH on top end but it will pull harder with less effort. Its like going from 1st gear on a bicycle to 5th its easier for you just like its easier for the SxS.

P1000 - Little Tire to Gear Math

Pros
More seat of the pants power
Easier to move the tires
Less work on bike (1st to 5th concept)

Cons
It cost money
little more noise
Could void warranty
Maybe a few less MPH

My opinion
If you are the guy thats going to do any type of hard core riding be it mud, snow, rocks its a great upgrade.
Bigger tires its a great upgrade.
If you like racing your buddies its a great upgrade
If you tow with your SxS its a great upgrade

If you just ride around your yard or light trail riding and have never had your tire to where they didn't want to spin or one of the above its a waist of your money. But still a really cool upgrade.

Last edited:
S

Sirblart

Aug 28, 2018
Northern ca
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Sirblart If you go to 32s it will be just like stock but any small tire will be like adding gears in a truck. It may slow it down a few MPH on top end but it will pull harder with less effort. Its like going from 1st gear on a bicycle to 5th its easier for you just like its easier for the SxS.

Pros
Easier to move the tires

Cons
It cost money
little more noise
Could void warranty
Maybe a few less MPH

My opinion
If you are the guy thats going to do any type of hard core riding be it mud, snow, rocks its a great upgrade.

If you just ride around your yard or light trail riding and have never had your tire to where they didn't want to spin or one of the above its a waist of your money. But still a really cool upgrade.
Thank you! That is the exact feedback I was looking for. I use my SXS in some cases extreme situations. I ride cross country in the desert and over rocks and brush. I ride in the Sierras and have gone over the Rubicon with it. I enjoy exploring and use it as a hunting tool. I never had any issues with it in stock tire form. I am a finesse driver over rough obstacles and like the ability to low speed crawl. When I upgraded to 29” tires and got stuck in the snow, it concerned me that it didn’t want to move. That is why I am considering the IGR. We have a trip to Moab in March and I am concerned after this last trip that I may struggle. I don’t want to spend 1k$ and not be happy or get what I need. I was considering the tuner also just not sure what way is best? That is what I was hoping to get your guys advice on what my best option would be. I have watched a ton of videos with the club climbing in the rocks and your rigs seem very capable with larger tires so I wanted to reach out and get opinions. I also like how quiet my machine is now and don’t want it any louder. I have had my machine since ‘16 so this is not new to me. thanks for all the help

S

Sirblart

Aug 28, 2018
Northern ca
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Pros
Easier to move the tires

Cons
It cost money
little more noise
Could void warranty
Maybe a few less MPH

My opinion

Are most of you running the JB-FAB or Reduction Boss?

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For reduction boss IGR installed I’m quoted $1700 total. Is that what others are paying?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!