P1000m5 Igr

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
Iv been looking and talking to a guy about putting a igr in my p1000-5, but want to know more information about the kit to make it work right in auto at full throttle, I can't find much on it. Any info is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Iv been looking and talking to a guy about putting a igr in my p1000-5, but want to know more information about the kit to make it work right in auto at full throttle, I can't find much on it. Any info is appreciated!

Short answer is no I have had mine for over a year and if I punch it it will rev out.

It also is louder.

But I would do it again because I'm running 32s and I use a mesh roof/fixed the louder.

I never punch my bike and if I do I just use manual shift.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@snuffnwhisky @joeymt33

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’ve got the later IGR that he changed after some strength issues and it’s no louder than stock. Heck, it might be quieter.

12oclock labs has the signal correction devices to fix the problem with hitting the rev limiter. It takes two to correct the speed sensors on the sub trans and front diff. You can opt for a third and correct the speedometer by putting one in the rear diff.

Then you can adjust the clutch control solenoid to get the shifts more firm as they soften up after changing the sensor input as they relate to the perceived engine load best I can tell.

2d31f4dc213539ae15418a736b2bae21

F3b51df48e5bfed773293938e8ae9476

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It’s semi fixable...

If I didn’t tell you that it had the gear reduction you probably wouldn’t even notice anything.

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
If I didn’t tell you that it had the gear reduction you probably wouldn’t even notice anything.

That's what I want to hear, idc about the speedo, but how hard are the other 2 to get to? And how hard is it t adjust shift pressures? I want to do it, but I don't want any downfalls that I have to remember to be careful with or this and that.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's what I want to hear, idc about the speedo, but how hard are the other 2 to get to? And how hard is it t adjust shift pressures? I want to do it, but I don't want any downfalls that I have to remember to be careful with or this and that.

The two sensors are located on the outside of the differential and the outside of the sub transmission. It’s only a 10 minute job to install both of those.

The solenoid is also super easy. It takes longer to remove the plastic in the rear floorboard then it does to get the solenoid out and adjusted.

Reactions: Choped5er and JTW
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Have had the gear reduction more or less since I purchased it has worked fine so far. Installed it myself right after I purchased the machine.

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
Short answer is no I have had mine for over a year and if I punch it it will rev out.

It also is louder.

But I would do it again because I'm running 32s and I use a mesh roof/fixed the louder.

I never punch my bike and if I do I just use manual shift.

I def want one, im only on 30s but get in alot of spots where I need lower range to save clutchws. It's hard to just hammer and go, idc about the noise really. But I want to make sure I can punch it without over revving. Heck mine will over rev 1st and 2nd now atleat a few times a ride. Def dont need it to be worse. Hopefully the plugs mentioned will be a good solution

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
version one of the gearing was loud, version two that I tested was really damn loud, the one I have now the third cut gear was much less noise and the one that snuff has which is the final version is comparable to stock.

Reactions: Choped5er and JTW
Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
Who are y'all getting from? If I do it, may as well get a quiet one

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
The two sensors are located on the outside of the differential and the outside of the sub transmission. It’s only a 10 minute job to install both of those.

The solenoid is also super easy. It takes longer to remove the plastic in the rear floorboard then it does to get the solenoid out and adjusted.

Awesome, that's what I like to hear. Was hoping not to have to tear into the trans any further. Just to make sure, if I'm not worried about spedo, I only need once sensor and one solenoid and both come from 12oclock?
And once installed they don't need much tuning to be set right?

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
I'm gonna be doing the gear reduction soon, hopefully by the end of this month, and want to go ahead and get all my stuff I need, do it all at once and be able to keep on ridin without worry

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Awesome, that's what I like to hear. Was hoping not to have to tear into the trans any further. Just to make sure, if I'm not worried about spedo, I only need once sensor and one solenoid and both come from 12oclock?
And once installed they don't need much tuning to be set right?

Go to the 12 o’clock labs website and put in the information for the Honda pioneer and buy two modules. One goes on the front differential and one goes on the transfer case.

Then you can remove the cover on the back of the transmission and remove the solenoid and adjust the screw shown in the picture above to about .050 depth in relation to the solenoid body.

If you go to far with the adjustment the clutch will not disengage and would stall when you come to a stop. You may have to play with it a few times until you find the correct spot. If I remember correctly the measurement I gave you is where I liked mine to be. I’ll tag snuff and see if he will chime in and remember the same thing. He’s the one that help me get mine done after he did all the experimenting on his.

@snuffnwhisky