Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Who are y'all getting from? If I do it, may as well get a quiet one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe reduction boss is the only one making this. If you were to buy one from him today it should be the latest version.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Go to the 12 o’clock labs website and put in the information for the Honda pioneer and buy two modules. One goes on the front differential and one goes on the transfer case.

Then you can remove the cover on the back of the transmission and remove the solenoid and adjust the screw shown in the picture above to about .050 depth in relation to the solenoid body.

If you go to far with the adjustment the clutch will not disengage and would stall when you come to a stop. You may have to play with it a few times until you find the correct spot. If I remember correctly the measurement I gave you is where I liked mine to be. I’ll tag snuff and see if he will chime in and remember the same thing. He’s the one that help me get mine done after he did all the experimenting on his.

@snuffnwhisky
About 0.050" was pretty good. If you do to much, it will not disengage the clutch quick enough and kill the motor in 4lock climbing steep stuff. Without adjusting the pressure control valve, it will still want to hit the rev limiter occasionally WOT and the shifting is randomly soft like the clutch is slipping when shifting.

Reactions: joeymt33
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
He finally had the larger driven gear custom made to fit the clutch hub. All the older gears were sourced from some other machine and did not fit the hub correctly. The dampner spring pockets did not align and he had rig some other springs in to fit. My first igr was about to come apart after 300 miles. It would have possibly ruined the whole engine and trans if it did. Luckily i was having clutch slip problems and caught the problem beforehand.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I imagine we will see more options for reductions frm some bigger companies and hopefully access to the computer in the near future as it looks like the talon parts are swappable or the same.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Who are y'all getting from? If I do it, may as well get a quiet one

look on facebook under Reduction Boss, send him a message to get info for parts ect. Are you going to do it yourself?

Reactions: Choped5er
Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
look on facebook under Reduction Boss, send him a message to get info for parts ect. Are you going to do it yourself?

No that's the guy im gettin it from. A shop around here uses his stuff and I'm just gonna let them do it

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have any of you guys Calculated the crawl ratio in low range with IGR? Curious what that number is. While on my Trip to moab, I noticed a lot of guys were doing obstacles a lot smoother because their gearing was deeper then mine. So I looked up the Factory crawl ratio which is 47:1 not sure how it plays out with IGR. Any of you Savvy folks know?

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bigten350

Bigten350

Feb 6, 2019
Nc
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So you buy 2 of the speedoDRD H3 from 12oclocklabs?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So you buy 2 of the speedoDRD H3 from 12oclocklabs?

It does take two to make the shifting better.

OR, you can get the Talon ECU and have it flashed for a Pioneer motor and it fixed shifting perfect.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
It does take two to make the shifting better.

"You can also ADD" the Talon ECU and have it flashed for a Pioneer motor and it fixed shifting perfect.
Fixed it.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Fixed it.

I’m curious as to what would happen if I pulled those things out. They don’t seem to make hardly any difference at all in the shifting after adding the Talon computer. I may try that just to see.

I know this, I could not lower the shift points because sometimes I don’t want it to rev so high before it shifts during part throttle like the talon does. The only thing I could adjust is wide-open throttle shift points. And nothing below wide-open throttle.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I’m curious as to what would happen if I pulled those things out. They don’t seem to make hardly any difference at all in the shifting after adding the Talon computer. I may try that just to see.

I know this, I could not lower the shift points because sometimes I don’t want it to rev so high before it shifts during part throttle like the talon does. The only thing I could adjust is wide-open throttle shift points. And nothing below wide-open throttle.
True. Worth a try.

Reactions: JTW
Bigten350

Bigten350

Feb 6, 2019
Nc
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Who does the flash for the ecu?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Who does the flash for the ecu?

Not really sure right now what the good options are. Some of us are running the Talon ECU with a PCV and auto tune to correct the fueling. We just need to send our maps to someone with the capability to flash and then we can delete the Power Commander V.

Sibler will do it now but I’m not sure how much he’s put into the tune and not all vehicles are at the same elevation as with the same mods.

Snuff changed his cam, injectors, exhaust, etc. he needs a different tune compared to me with just intake, exhaust, and throttle body spacer changes. We’re both different from a stock machine.

Over time I’m sure collectively from several good forum members here we will have some decent options.

Last edited:
Bigten350

Bigten350

Feb 6, 2019
Nc
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What percentages should I program the speedoDRD h3 at? Pos or negative %?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
What percentages should I program the speedoDRD h3 at? Pos or negative %?
@joeymt33 i wrote it in your service manual if u dont remember, i dont.