BOX1

P1000 Im sorry I just spent an hour how do translate this.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I’m finding that the red kit has been discontinued from Honda. I’ve purchased it from 2 different locations only to find out they didn’t have them in their stock and both had to refund me the money. I trying one more location, if it doesn’t work out, I’m looking at the piece by piece approach I guess.
I bought them kind of in a hurry to please the wife (she wanted a DLX) so I didn't really read into it here on the site. I looked'm up on eBay and bought there. I know I probably paid a cpl more bucks then I should've but not a deal breaker. 🤷‍♂️

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought them kind of in a hurry to please the wife (she wanted a DLX) so I didn't really read into it here on the site. I looked'm up on eBay and bought there. I know I probably paid a cpl more bucks then I should've but not a deal breaker. 🤷‍♂️

Partzilla refunded me as well as a Honda dealer on EBay. Even local dealer has told me the same thing. The 08F72-HL4-A01ZD kit has been discontinued by Honda. Partzilla pulled the kit from their WS shortly after my refund.

• Sad
Reactions: JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Partzilla refunded me as well as a Honda dealer on EBay. Even local dealer has told me the same thing. The 08F72-HL4-A01ZD kit has been discontinued by Honda. Partzilla pulled the kit from their WS shortly after my refund.
Huh! Yeah I just checked my order history and it says not available any more. 🤷‍♂️
Have u tried Partsfish.com or rockymtn. Only other places I've seen them. (That sucks!)

Reactions: Vikes79
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thx are the door panels necessary? You should be able to attach the color panels to the doors properly with simple Honda push pins or stainless steel bolts, nuts and washers.
I'm sure you can affix the panels via any method approved by www.whitetrashrepairs.com that you see fit.
Maybe i'm missing something, but it appears that you have to also buy the door as well if you have a base model and are adding panels?

Is this because the new door already has the threaded inserts already set in the door?
Yes to your question
I’m finding that the red kit has been discontinued from Honda. I’ve purchased it from 2 different locations only to find out they didn’t have them in their stock and both had to refund me the money. I trying one more location, if it doesn’t work out, I’m looking at the piece by piece approach I guess.

So my saga on getting a panel set continues. At the time of my last post, I had already ordered the discontinued panel kit from a Amazon vendor. The kit came finally...only to learn that they shipped the wrong kit for at 1000-3. I have a 1000-5.

However, I was able to review the installation hardware which consisted of rubber well nuts, M6-1.0 x25mm button head bolts and M6 washers.

I also was able to determine the door panels are the same that you can buy individually (as noted before).

So, I have on order the panels plus the following components.

30 M6-1.0 Rubber well nuts

M6-1.0x25mm button head socket screws and M6 flat washers all in stainless

The panels only from partzilla
EFC7D1AD 52ED 4F68 BC41 4E0655BCBFA3

With the extra hardware I'm purchasing, the parts will be $225 ish delivered and should be identical to @JenElio's kit on a base model like mine.

Hopefully next WE i will be able to post the pictures of them installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dordon and Mudwing
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the panels today.

I fit the panels to where they looked right and drilled two pilot holes in the bolt locations. I used a step bit to open the holes just enough to make the well nuts a press fit. Rehung the panel on the two well nuts an pilot holed the remainder holes. Pull panel back off and finish installing well nuts. Put panel back on and tighten all bolts down.

Panels look good and the rubber well nuts work awesome.

I should have washed my rig first, but was impatient and it’s raining outside.
70DCADB1 0280 44EA BA58 69001427E937

19F8DFBD 965A 45F5 AE59 BAE1F0277EA8

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!