P500 in lieu of a glove compartment

newb

newb

Oct 29, 2015
london , ar
Found this at the local wally world for $15 .
"Coleman Atv Fender Bag"

Reactions: Buryit
newb

newb

Oct 29, 2015
london , ar
Was afraid it wouldn't lol I use a bag as you show and it's helpful but racking my brain to add a normal box
Yeah , that link I posted has a 3-1/2x7 cubby at the bottom of the page . Shouldn't be hard to fab a lid or just add a net...

Buryit

Buryit

Sep 18, 2015
National Forest, NW AR
Hey thanks for the link! The round one is close to what I am after and may even fab one from pipe etc. can't do anything till it stops raining.

Buryit

Buryit

Sep 18, 2015
National Forest, NW AR
A friend called and said he used a full size boat glove box on the flat area behind his legs, when I laughed and ask how much mud gets in it he said he mounted a plastic box on backside to cover it. Hoping to get a picture of it.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and newb
newb

newb

Oct 29, 2015
london , ar
A friend called and said he used a full size boat glove box on the flat area behind his legs, when I laughed and ask how much mud gets in it he said he mounted a plastic box on backside to cover it. Hoping to get a picture of it.
Hmm...might just work . Guessing it's driver side ? 'Fraid it wouldn't work for me as i'm already doing the stuff-a-trash-can-under-the-seat thing . You ever ride Piney Creeks ?

Buryit

Buryit

Sep 18, 2015
National Forest, NW AR
Haven't much, rode moccasin gap and a few roads they list as legal to ride on but mostly private land for hunting. That is when not babysitting grandkids lol.

advertisement
newb

newb

Oct 29, 2015
london , ar
Haven't much, rode moccasin gap and a few roads they list as legal to ride on but mostly private land for hunting. That is whenit .not babysitting grandkids lol.
We took the grandboys camping near the blue hole this year . They're firebugs , and wanted to bring a 7 foot branch to the camp . So I told 'em to use my 4 wheeler and drag it . They are 7 , and it was so funny to watch the rope snake off that log 'cause they couldn't tie a knot . Even funnier was when they succeeded , and then had to stop every ten feet to move that branch around a tree 'cause it was on the end of a 60 foot rope ! Good times....

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Found this on the walmartian website.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Good idea , but the dash configuration will not allow...
Did you look at, Homemade glove box, posted by Chooglin and Glove box installed, by me, in Accessories and Modifications tread.

newb

newb

Oct 29, 2015
london , ar
Did you look at, Homemade glove box, posted by Chooglin and Glove box installed, by me, in Accessories and Modifications tread.
Yes , and both are good solutions . I just can't bring myself to carve on a p5 with 2 miles on the odo :) Mebbe after I roll it a coupla times...

Buryit

Buryit

Sep 18, 2015
National Forest, NW AR
I actually drove from Booger Hollow on dirt trail then came out at the blue hole a couple weeks ago. Might add a couple glove box type compartments between now and spring, I use p500 mostly to work but keep finding myself driving the longgggg way around lol.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
newb

newb

Oct 29, 2015
london , ar
I actually drove from Booger Hif you ever need llow on dirt trail then came out at the blue hole a couple weeks ago. Might add a couple glove box type compartments between now and spring, I use p500 mostly to work but keep finding myself driving the longgggg way around lol.
Re: longggg-that blue hole road will putcha out very near richland creek if u ever need longggg-er :)

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yes , and both are good solutions . I just can't bring myself to carve on a p5 with 2 miles on the odo :) Mebbe after I roll it a coupla times...
That's why l took the warning sign off and made my hole inside the screw pattern ,figured if I messed up I would put the warning sign back on and no one would know,I still can do this if I decide I don't want the glove box.

newb

newb

Oct 29, 2015
london , ar
That's why l took the warning sign off and made my hole inside the screw pattern ,figured if I messed up I would put the warning sign back on and no one would know,I still can do this if I decide I don't want the glove box.
Yeah , I like the "stealth" aspect of the build as well , and the fab could hardly be simpler.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!