In the shop..

T

truckracer

Mar 2, 2014
Mine has been at the dealer all week. With 20 miles on it I noticed the inboard axle boot on the right rear was slinging grease all over the frame, muffler, and as far forward as the brake caliper.
A small crack was in the boot.

:(

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Well,
That sucks. You think you nicked it while riding? Shouldn't take all week to get completed unless there waiting on parts. Its only about a hour job to replace a boot. I'm sure they will charge you 2 or 3 though.
Hope you get back on the trail soon.

T

truckracer

Mar 2, 2014
I got it back yesterday. Dealer had to order the parts. The boot had a small crack in the inside pleat, no way was it done where I rode the bike. They took lots of photos for Honda - I'm sure it was cracked when it was installed or cracked as a result of the installation.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
truckracer said:
I got it back yesterday. Dealer had to order the parts. The boot had a small crack in the inside pleat, no way was it done where I rode the bike. They took lots of photos for Honda - I'm sure it was cracked when it was installed or cracked as a result of the installation.
Ya, more then likely it was. Well you got it back and they covered it. So all good. Now that you get some more seat time be sure to report back how you like it. I'm pondering getting one my self.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!