P1000m5 Infidelity... Went Can Am

62straight

62straight

Dec 24, 2015
Thought I was super sold on a 1000-5 but my family and friends are all bigger then I think the two buckets would be comfortable. I took a lot of great information from the site while researching the Honda and with out a doubt this is the best site out there as far as support regardless of Honda, Polaris and Can Am. So, I'll continue to check in because I can't find anything close to this for the Can Am.

Dealer made me a good deal from 800 up to the 1000 cc , 72 hp Defender Max. We don't have the amount of public land to boony crash through the woods like most of you so while im not super excited about the length of the machine it's gonna work out great for what I need it to do out in CA. I was able to compare a Polaris crew next to the Can Am and just liked the fit and finish better of defender. Seemed roomier, easier to get in an out of and more storage and hp. Luckily most the accessories I have stocked piled over the last 2 yrs while planning the purchase and making sure our 2 kids were born healthy are universal and not Honda specific! CONGRATS on building and maintaining a site that is in class of its own for reviews, repairs and just a good group.

Image 2018 03 20 13 28 12 716
D2bf449a7b564511446c15377963e751

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good luck to you.

J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
Your dead to me, but I’ll still winch you out if you need it. ;)

Good luck with the new ride, looks like it is a pretty nice machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Thought I was super sold on a 1000-5 but my family and friends are all bigger then I think the two buckets would be comfortable. I took a lot of great information from the site while researching the Honda and with out a doubt this is the best site out there as far as support regardless of Honda, Polaris and Can Am. So, I'll continue to check in because I can't find anything close to this for the Can Am.

Dealer made me a good deal from 800 up to the 1000 cc , 72 hp Defender Max. We don't have the amount of public land to boony crash through the woods like most of you so while im not super excited about the length of the machine it's gonna work out great for what I need it to do out in CA. I was able to compare a Polaris crew next to the Can Am and just liked the fit and finish better of defender. Seemed roomier, easier to get in an out of and more storage and hp. Luckily most the accessories I have stocked piled over the last 2 yrs while planning the purchase and making sure our 2 kids were born healthy are universal and not Honda specific! CONGRATS on building and maintaining a site that is in class of its own for reviews, repairs and just a good group.

View attachment 69401View attachment 69402

It’s hideous!!! :confused: Lol, I much prefer this...
3D9F435D C51C 4CCC A8FF 98614BE79E9B

;)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Wow, I thought I had a buss, HA!

Reactions: Plumber32 and BWAF
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Congrats!
The Defender seems really well done.

Reactions: BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I really like the Can Ams, You will need a 12 inch lift, or belly tracks, HA!

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Better then the Polaris. Check the belt drive and air box intakes. You will spend some money on the belt drive but for many it takes 10 years to get to 10,000 miles.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Great rig hope to see you out on the trails sometime

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats on the new canned ham jk lol, that’s what my buddies always called mine lol. They are nice machines.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Doesnt matter what you ride as long as you are riding. Id take a can-am over Polaris for sure though. As long as you aernt trying to maneuver tight trails that looks like a nice ride. Lots of room for big kids and adults. Congrats on the purchase

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
nice I would of went with can am if it wasn't for the 5d. didn't want a bus. had a outlander for 10 years. awesome machines. this Honda forum is way better than the can am forums.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

You made a great choice. You did what's best for you. I agree the honda p1k5 isn't the best for a group of adults. If I were hauling multiple people on a regular basis I would have made the same choice as you. I've owned and raced several Can Am's and have no complaints. The Defender is hands down better than the Ranger. The quality is so much better than what you get from polaris. Notice that Polaris did their best to copy the Defender when they redesigned the Ranger.

Thanks for the comments on the site. I think most will find that folks on here are pretty open minded and if they don't think a Honda will fit your needs they aren't afraid to say so.
Congrats on your new ride I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!