P1000m5 True Am Isolator

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They just want to be able to deny a claim when their POS battery craps out.

As long as you have a decent battery maintainer/tender, you can keep it on a battery year round, provided the battery isn't a POS. After all, that's the entire point for getting one!

FYI: True Amalgamated literally told me, "... our isolator is set up and manufactured to run on a tender."

I think you're right on that one @Scoop I got the same battery with the same warning. You know they didn't do anything fancy with the battery type and construction. It gets subjected to 14 volts (or there'bouts) when motoring around and that doesn't appear to hurt anything.

Like others, I installed a water-tight charging socket in a convenient spot (in the plastic of my bumper. When charging, I take the key out of the ignition and put it in the cup holder . . . otherwise my wife or I will surely try to stretch the charging cord.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
^This.

Again, @Robobrainiac, you can have the best jumper cable(s) in the world, but if BOTH your batteries are in bad shape, connecting them in parallel (to jump start) won't help very much. A little, maybe, but not much.
I agree. I plan on replacing my main soon. I just need to get outside in the cold to do it. I am going to try to bring home a battery tester from work tonight for the auxillary battery. I did take the van battery out last night tho. That is one of the easiest battery changes lol. I just know the van battery was so dead when I shut the car off at the Honda dealership I did not even have dome lights. Then the giant jumper cables got it to start. I am sold on nice cables at this point. In my experience so far I have always just "waited a minute or two" then try again. That technique has usually worked for me in the past.

The van sat for probably 20 minutes on my junk cables and the only thing I could get is a single click. The giant work cables were used and my Co worker immediately said try it and I was skeptical. The van cranked over slow but fired right up.

Reactions: Scoop and NewHere2
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I probably should do a “Build Thread” on that Hi-Tech jumper wire.
I bought spartan clamps and a spartan 12" cable. The clamps are supposed to be here today but the cable will be here Saturday.

Reactions: NewHere2 and CID
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For you all - if ya have any junk #4/0 welding cable laying around (or your buddy’s ground lead on his welder) - outstanding for jumper cables.
I made a set 30 years ago for jumping heavy equipment, still have them. Heavy and I mean heavy.

advertisement
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put this together to help anyone who is interested in attempting to jump start themselves.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put this together to help anyone who is interested in attempting to jump start themselves.

I'm tired of jump starting myself. I want someone else to do it. :p

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!