• Thread starter Bigmanlittlebuggy
  • Start date
Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So today I finally had time to clean up and inspect from last Saturday ride and first thing I did was check the sub trans for water expecting it to be fine since I bought the snorkel kit and extended all the vent lines but wouldn’t you know it milky fluid on the dip stick again I’m not sure what else I can do I’m obviously missing something any help is appreciated

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
It could be residual moisture from the first drowning if you didn't change the oil a couple of times, that's where I'd start. Our engines get hot enough to burn off a lot of moisture but the sub trans doesn't get as hot.

And engines have crankcase ventilation, the sub trans has one small tube. With the vents extended, moisture will condense on the way out and run right back down into the sub trans.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, if you haven't been running in deep water you can hold off on the leaky seal thinking.

This is where you should probably keep related posts on the same thread so guys can see your history. I remember your subtrans oil post. And it was full of water. That's not going to clean up in one drain-and-fill.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!