P700 Installed a swamp donkey stereo in my 700-2

D

dalis7393

May 25, 2020
Ownership

1. 700-4
which model radio did you install? DO you have some pics?

BHarris8753

BHarris8753

Jan 18, 2020
Robbins, NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just finished the install. I really like it. Kickers and Sony, it sounds fine. The housing for the head unit seems a little low whereas a person working their way across the bench may get a lump on the head. Install instructions seem very vague for first timers. I first put my clamps upside down and ended up with a extra set of holes drilled in the side of the box. After some cussing it was obvious how it was made to install. The rest was easy. 😬😬😬😬🤷‍♂️
Nice man, glad you like it. im very happy with mine so far, hope it last many years for all of us!

Reactions: wrhii
A

AHountz

Jun 14, 2020
Brookville, IN
Ownership

1. 700-4
This might be a dumb question, buuttt is the Universal waterproof??
I’m shopping for my husband for Father’s Day. We have a Pioneer 700-4. It has a roof and windshield, but I still afraid it’ll get wet if we get stuck in the rain somewhere.

wrhii

wrhii

Lifetime Member
Feb 22, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m shopping for my husband for Father’s Day. We have a Pioneer 700-4. It has a roof and windshield, but I still afraid it’ll get wet if we get stuck in the rain somewhere.
It is not water proof, but water resistant. A little overspray when washing the machine, a little rain splash won't hurt a thing. The box itself is molded in one piece. The head unit has a hinged marine cover over it that does a really good job. But give em a call, talk to em. They r very much a customer service oriented bunch of people.

Reactions: BHarris8753
BHarris8753

BHarris8753

Jan 18, 2020
Robbins, NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
wrhii said it best, its not waterproof but a little water isnt going to hurt a thing. I washed my machine yesterday and got the unit a little wet, not sprayed it directly but it was misted pretty good and it worked just fine. Its all marine grade and has the marine stero cover which works well for water and dust.

Reactions: wrhii