P500 INSTALLED EZ-steer

S

StateLine

Oct 21, 2020
Northwest Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
I finally got time to install the Torq-Locker and SuperATV power steering these last couple of weekends. Torq-Locker installation was smooth, thanks to AMR and this forum. Like a lot of others, though, my power steering motor moves too much. I tried loosening the locking bolts on the shafts; it really did improve the alignment of everything and there was noticeably less movement. However, the locking nut on the shaft had now moved past that groove on the pinion. Not knowing anything about this, is that normal? Because the locking nut became incredibly hard to ratchet afterwards and I’m concerned it will damage the groves on the pinion.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Been a long time since I installed mine but if I remember right, cinch the one on the pinion in the groove. Loosen the one that goes on the steering shaft, up by the fire wall. Turn full lock in both directions and find the happy medium. Cinch it down. You're going to get some flex on the plate that mounts to the frame rail but again just find the happy spot. Hope that helps.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!