P500 INSTALLED EZ-steer

T

Torch

Jan 13, 2021
53035 Iron Ridge Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 500
Ok I finished installing ez- steer. The info I read before the purchase was correct. The mounting bracket moves up and down big time. Also hits the master cylinder when at full turn and bottoms out. This is with engine running. With engine off does not flex as much. I made a video of what I did to fix the problem but at this point don’t know how to download it. Using google photo.
Second topic is so many are saying the. Tusk is just rebadged ez-steer. I look at photos off Amazon of both brands and they don’t look anything like the same. But both brands report back hitting break master cylinder. So, the people saying they are the same please give me the info that proves the claim.
Tusk is about $100 cheaper but, in my opinion, you get what you pay for. Ez – steer does have a 3-year warrantee. I believe tusk is only one year but not positive.

S

skinnyman

May 22, 2020
ohio
Ownership

1. 500
My research was about the same as yours.
I think there was one more brand called Rugged Steer or something.
I called and talked with the folks at Super ATV that sell the E-Z steer. For me anything electronic I get the best warrantee and 3 years sold me. My install was on par with everyone else but with some tweaking and creative adjustments all is good.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Same issues we've all had with that install. Bracket flexes but you can find a happy place that doesn't put much torque on it. You have to adjust the shafts to avoid contacting the master cylinder, not too difficult. To post a video, you'll have to make it into a youtube video then link it here.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Torch & skinnyman welcome aboard.

Dec.2013 purchased Super ATV EPS for Honda P700 $469.00 on SALE.

Aug 2018 traded that P700 in toward 2018 P500. ( dealer said if it isn't Honda take it off ) stripped the P700 of everything except the Honda Cab.
Reused :: EPS , Heater/Defroster , Wiper's & Washer , Tires/Wheels & more on the 2018 P500

Called: Super ATV asked if I could by mounting brackets & shafts only for the 2018 P500 ( Answered YES& I did ) only problem was by ERROR sent the Correct Shafts & ( the Wrong Mounting Plates ) for electric motor assy.
Another call quick to send another 2nd. set of WRONG Mounting Plates.
Third time is a Charm. ( Problem Resolved Parts in Wrong Bin ).

Now have 3 sets of mounting plates & 1 set shafts for the Honda P700.

Super ATV EPS 7 years Old on 2nd. Honda

THANKS to SUPER ATV Quality Products & GREAT customer Service.

S

skinnyman

May 22, 2020
ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for a follow up on the E-Z steer and to reassure the good customer service from Super ATV.

• Love
Reactions: SuperATV and pappyo
makac132

makac132

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2017
Nelson, B.C.
Ownership

1. 500
Hi guys, any of you has EPS installed with RUGGED label on it - how is it performing? That too has 1 year warranty.
Thanks

H

Hoop

Hi guys, any of you has EPS installed with RUGGED label on it - how is it performing? That too has 1 year warranty.
Thanks
Hi, I installed Rugged power steering last July at same time I installed Torq Locker. EPS works great and all 3 eps units , Super, Tusk and Rugged, are same unit just different labels. Rugged is cheaper in Canada as they are Canadian company. You do have to check the universal joint clearance from brake fluid reservoir. I forced mounting bracket as far as possible toward passenger side then drilled and tapped for 1/4 inch bolt through the eps mounting bracket and into the cross member. Bracket will never shift allowing universal to damage brake fluid reservoir.

makac132

makac132

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2017
Nelson, B.C.
Ownership

1. 500
Hi, I installed Rugged power steering last July at same time I installed Torq Locker. EPS works great and all 3 eps units , Super, Tusk and Rugged, are same unit just different labels. Rugged is cheaper in Canada as they are Canadian company. You do have to check the universal joint clearance from brake fluid reservoir. I forced mounting bracket as far as possible toward passenger side then drilled and tapped for 1/4 inch bolt through the eps mounting bracket and into the cross member. Bracket will never shift allowing universal to damage brake fluid reservoir.
Thanks Hoop, that makes sense and it helps.

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
So, how is the power connected for this? Does it need a wire to the battery or some other connection?

H

Hoop

So, how is the power connected for this? Does it need a wire to the battery or some other connection?
I tapped into my front winch power wiring at the winch solenoid for eps power and used the dash power outlet wiring for the input signal to eps. Power is only on to outlet when key is run position.

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
I tapped into my front winch power wiring at the winch solenoid for eps power and used the dash power outlet wiring for the input signal to eps. Power is only on to outlet when key is run position.

Copy. Thanks. I just bought mine and it had a winch, so just need to reverse engineer everything to find how/where the last owner wired everything.

H

Hoop

If you have a front mounted winch just connect fused main power wiring to eps to the hot side of winch solenoid. Connect the start signal wire to dash power outlet wiring. Outlet is only powered when key is in run position and is fused 15 amp at the battery.

Reactions: Tom_C and Smitty335
Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
Are there any pics or videos showing the tweaks made to the mount to solve hitting the master cylinder? I'm not really set up to drill/tap a new hole.

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Are there any pics or videos showing the tweaks made to the mount to solve hitting the master cylinder? I'm not really set up to drill/tap a new hole.
You just have to mess with it. I used a ratchet strap to pull it over before tightening it down.

H

Hoop

Most owners installing eps just install mounting brackets as far to right side as possible. After mounting brackets are tight, check that the universal joint on underside of eps clears the brake fluid reservoir when you turn the steering.
I did this then installed a bolt thru top mounting plate into the structural crossmember that eps is mounted to. Universal joint clearance to brake fluid reservoir is very tight and did not want any chance that mounting plate could shift.

Reactions: futzin
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
I can't find the thread now, but there was an install thread that had pretty good pictures on how the joints lined up to clear the reservoir. Mine went together pretty easily and didn't have any issues on clearance.

Reactions: futzin
H

Hoop

I can't find the thread now, but there was an install thread that had pretty good pictures on how the joints lined up to clear the reservoir. Mine went together pretty easily and didn't have any issues on clearance.
I had no clearance problems either but clearance is tight. I also mounted control box on upper crossmember

IMG 20210720 142254 IMG 20210720 142308 IMG 20210720 142437

Reactions: 500oneer

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!