P700m4 Installing full size auxiliary battery ?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I would like some input from you guy's. I want to add an auxiliary battery to my 700-4. Thoughts on isolators and meters,also using different size batteries. Thoughts on just installing a full size battery and removing the factory on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: moparornocar
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would like some input from you guy's. I want to add an auxiliary battery to my 700-4. Thoughts on isolators and meters,also using different size batteries. Thoughts on just installing a full size battery and removing the factory on.

That's my plan as well. Planning on running a car battery under the seat and just getting rid of the factory one all together.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That's my plan as well. Planning on running a car battery under the seat and just getting rid of the factory one all together.
I fab'd a bracket under drivers seat to hold the battery,still need to install a heat shield and hold down. Im thinking just remove the factory battey and carry one of those jump start box's when away from the ranch.
I dont have a lot of high current add-ons. But would like to add an auxiliary power connection for my 15gal sprayer and maybe a winch down the road.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I fab'd a bracket under drivers seat to hold the battery,still need to install a heat shield and hold down. Im thinking just remove the factory battey and carry one of those jump start box's when away from the ranch.
I dont have a lot of high current add-ons. But would like to add an auxiliary power connection for my 15gal sprayer and maybe a winch down the road.

Mine has a stereo, light bar, chicken lights, and more coming. Plus I'll be charging the battery on the teardrop trailer off the car when it's running, so I'm gonna need more battery power

Reactions: Tramguage1
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Mine has a stereo, light bar, chicken lights, and more coming. Plus I'll be charging the battery on the teardrop trailer off the car when it's running, so I'm gonna need more battery power
Does the 1000 have accommodations under the hood for a dual battery setup?

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
20161106 142949

Yes Monte. There is a spot right next to the factory battery for the auxiliary battery.

This is a picture of under the hood of mine.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

I would suggest the UTV true isolator from Amazon (and others) and a deep cycle battery if you'll be running any components for periods without the engine running. My 2 cents.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I removed the factory battery, and went with a car battery under the seat for two main reasons. First I live in NH and it gets cold here in the winter and my 700 doesn't care for sitting in the unheated shed for a week sometimes then trying to start it. So I wanted the extra cold cranking amps to help here. Second reason is because while plowing last year with the heater being used intermittently, the stock battery/charging could not keep up.I only had to stop once for a few minutes to let it charge, but I have heat and I want to use it. I have a stereo that is wired (for now) to shut off with the key so I don't really have a need for any accessories to be used while its not running, so for me a second battery is not needed. Plus I like to keep things simple, a single battery with as few connections as possible so minimal chances of failure out on the trail.
sorry about the crappy pics, heres the under view
20161018 170250 zpsnkd4lixi

20161018 170822 zpsxwub3opp

I put some tabs on three sides (the fourth side is right next to the plastic side panel) for some 1/8" aluminum sides for stick/heat shields.
20161018 170758 zps6lsqumxt

20161018 165620 zpsbtfve6ne

I thought I had some pictures of the battery installed before I put the side back on but I guess I didn't. I can say that this upgrade is well worth. I haven't had any problems starting it in cold weather,in fact I find it starts a lot easier this year and for the few times I have plowed with it this year it seems to not run the battery down that much with the tunes blaring and heater on.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered the ytx20h battery with the hopes of putting it in the stock location. I like @allgm1 am having starting issues with mine when it is cold so after doing a little reading on rincon upgrades I thought I would give this a try. It looks about the same size as the 16 battery with just a little more height and more cranking amps. I will then put the stock one under the hood to run my accessories and the true isolator. If it doesn't work I will reverse it and put the 20 under the hood and add the blue sea mini add a battery kit, which gives me the ability to combine the batteries for starting.

Reactions: JTW and Montecresto
J

JTW

You guys are killing me.. just when I have myself decided on a dual setup with the odessey you go and cast doubt on me.

Reactions: Tramguage1

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!