Intake questions

J

jfreak

Jul 25, 2016
PNW
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys,
So I've read a lot of threads about intake problems when riding in water. So I want to relocate my intake up into the dash area under the hood, don't like the look of the snorkel's personally.

I ride in some really dusty conditions, but also ride in some wet areas with some good puddles. Would it hurt to put some kind of filter, foam or k&n dryflow up under the dash?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I plan on putting a predicted on mine too. With the drought we've had lately and dusty conditions, it would've been a great idea. I like mine a little higher than you OP. Mine breathes just under the ceiling lol. I would drown before my machine lol.

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
anyone been able to notice this working well. If the problem was splash water couldn't it still be? I've been thinking about doing this just to be safe

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!