BOX1

Introducing Automatic Backup Lights for Honda Pioneer Models!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have finally have several of the ground trigger harnesses ready for the 500.

A613001ee2799c45fd176e022913724b

This only provides a single ground wire that can be used as a light or relay trigger. Great for building an automatic backup light.

I'm offering them for $30 and have 5 ready to ship. Can make more.

Buy here - Pioneer 500 Ground Trigger DIY Harness.

This installs inline with the gear position wire connectors located behind the battery box. It's a little difficulate to get to, or so I have been told.

I could use some install pictures if anyone would be so kind to share. I will make a dedicated post about this product tonight.

Also. If you find a easy, simple, dummy proof way to mount a backup light I'm interested in your idea.

Please note. I am out of town next week. So order this week for timely delivery.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
P

Pilot2016

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2019
Rockhill Sc
Ownership

1. 700-4
Agreed, I already have two reverse lights mounted low, against the bottom of the rack. They weren’t intend as work lights and I have to hit that switch when going into reverse, if he can sell me just the plug assembly, cool, if not, I’ll mount his light higher on the ROPS for a work light....:cool:

I bought reverse lights and harness for 2018 P700-4 Delux from HondaSXS store. Easy plug and play. 2 lights mounted high on roll bar on corners.....Love them!!!

Can I run a pair of RED 12ga AWG wires from my dash mounted on-off 20amp rocker switch and tie in series to the red wire going to the lights below the white backup connector????

I want to be able to turn turn them on or off while in reverse ...if Im trying to be stealth in the deer woods at dark?????
Thx Walt
8DAC9FB0 BE67 4365 AAB2 F5BE5BC8420A

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I bought reverse lights and harness for 2018 P700-4 Delux from HondaSXS store. Easy plug and play. 2 lights mounted high on roll bar on corners.....Love them!!!

Can I run a pair of RED 12ga AWG wires from my dash mounted on-off 20amp rocker switch and tie in series to the red wire going to the lights below the white backup connector????

I want to be able to turn turn them on or off while in reverse ...if Im trying to be stealth in the deer woods at dark?????
Thx WaltView attachment 185603
Hmmmm? I’m not certain that I understand. Are you meaning you’d like to add a switch for that purpose?

P

Pilot2016

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2019
Rockhill Sc
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hmmmm? I’m not certain that I understand. Are you meaning you’d like to add a switch for that purpose?

Montecresto
YES, I want to add a switch to cut off the automatic backup lights when I want to.
So I thought that cutting the red/hot wire below the plug and play harness and run another set of wires back to an OFF/ON switch , it would allow me to keep them off in reverse.
Thx sir

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Montecresto
YES, I want to add a switch to cut off the automatic backup lights when I want to.
So I thought that cutting the red/hot wire below the plug and play harness and run another set of wires back to an OFF/ON switch , it would allow me to keep them off in reverse.
Thx sir
I got my kit from @Hondasxs, my rocker switch does that, on-off-on. I have a video for it on my channel, I like it!

P

Pilot2016

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2019
Rockhill Sc
Ownership

1. 700-4
YouTube channel, I’m working on a project build for my new pioneer right now.

I liked your video. Good job.
Unfortunately, my machine is not a P1000. The only harness I saw at HONDASXS STORE for the 700, does not have a switch option.
I love your switch but have no clue how to wire it up to the harness I bought.

The 700 version plugs in like yours, but continues to the 2 lights with a red and ground wire. Power to it is only activated in Reverse.

I was asking can I simply cut the red wire, attach a loop back up to the dash panel and back to reattach to the other end where I cut it,, and attach a simple on off switch on my panel.
If ON... they work in reverse as they were designed.
If OFF they won’t turn on in reverse.
I won’t be able to get any lights unless the shift lever in in the reverse position.

That OK if you’re stopped with KEY ignition ON and lever in Reverse.
I won’t be able to ride forward and have rear lights at any time because that rear plug is only activated in Reverse.

hope that’s clearer

THANKS FOR INPUT

Reactions: TripleB and JsheII3
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes. You can open the circut to stop it. + or - would be fine.

Just dont feed it 12v or ground it.

Reactions: JTW
P

Pilot2016

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2019
Rockhill Sc
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes. You can open the circut to stop it. + or - would be fine.

Just dont feed it 12v or ground it.
👍👍👍GOT IT
THX again
Are you working on a harness for the 700 like the P1000 described above????
Im sure you would have already done that if it were possible from that rear plug Setup

Reactions: Hondasxs
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
GOT IT
THX again
Are you working on a harness for the 700 like the P1000 described above????
Im sure you would have already done that if it were possible from that rear plug Setup
This one now works for the 700 [2017+] also.

Reactions: Mudwing
P

Pilot2016

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2019
Rockhill Sc
Ownership

1. 700-4
This one now works for the 700 [2017+] also.

Thx RICHARD SXS
Please clarify this new “work light “ harness.
P700-4 —2018.
If I buy this, what happens to the harness and lights connections from what I purchased.???Do I have to re-hook up the lights on the new harness or is this a splitter that utilized BOTH harnesses and just established a circuit for the switch????

I love the backup light kit purchased from HondaSXS... the lights and harness worked as advertised!!!!!! PERFECT!!

IOW...
Is this new harness something I ADD??? Or do I replace the one I bought with this one ??
I have to admit that it would be nice to utilize the rear facing lights other than in REVERSE!!!! looks like a neat on-off-AUTO switch.
Thx
Walt

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is a ADD-ON kit.
It plugs I between the light and the factory harness.
The 3way gives you option to turn on any time, always off, or auto backup.
You will need to supply 12v and ground to the switch from any source you like.

Reactions: JTW
P

Pilot2016

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2019
Rockhill Sc
Ownership

1. 700-4
This is a ADD-ON kit.
It plugs I between the light and the factory harness.
The 3way gives you option to turn on any time, always off, or auto backup.
You will need to supply 12v and ground to the switch from any source you like.

Unfortunately, I just purchased from HondaSXS store, the entire backup harness and 2 light kit . You helped me locate the plug-in connection.
I installed it easily.

This “Work light” version with the 3 way switched harness must be brand new for the 700 or I would have bought it instead

I sure hate to throw away the one I just installed. Sounds like a remove and replace if I decide to buy it too??? unless you have a suggestion to utilize it ????
Thx

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Is the lower option better for the 500?
Can u show me Where, Under the rack and above the fender?
Would the OEM rack clamps work?
I forget what size they are.

So if I remember correctly, you are out of town. This is for future reference.

There is space below the rack in the center, if you make the light low profile then the tail light will not be completely blocked.

I was toying with the idea of tapping the tail light for power. There is a connector at the front right of the rack. Only need a reverse light when it is dark out. Then all the wires are under the rack.

But if your close to having something ready I will probably just break down and buy it from you. Put me on the list I guess.

OEM clamp is 25.4 mm. I swear I thought l made it 1” so it would be easy to find clamps that fit it.

041EF2C6 5309 4743 AF3D 0F20778E4DDF

Some pictures to show how much room is available. Let me know if there is something else you need.
266545E1 E9DB 4448 8016 E57181D70D74

C3BD6C52 99B2 4372 9EB3 A2832374B2B5

Incase you try to use 2 clamps:
13C19729 6C88 45EB B75C F52011BB8586

Reactions: Mudwing and JTW
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So if I remember correctly, you are out of town. This is for future reference.

There is space below the rack in the center, if you make the light low profile then the tail light will not be completely blocked.

I was toying with the idea of tapping the tail light for power. There is a connector at the front right of the rack. Only need a reverse light when it is dark out. Then all the wires are under the rack.

But if your close to having something ready I will probably just break down and buy it from you. Put me on the list I guess.

OEM clamp is 25.4 mm. I swear I thought l made it 1” so it would be easy to find clamps that fit it.

View attachment 185917

Some pictures to show how much room is available. Let me know if there is something else you need.
View attachment 185916
View attachment 185918

Incase you try to use 2 clamps:
View attachment 185919
Thanks.
Something with the holes on the clamp for the screws made it not work with the current light bracket.
Seems like they were Front to back vs L&R
Sure, I could make a new bracket. But that's just more work to sell 3 kits.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unfortunately, I just purchased from HondaSXS store, the entire backup harness and 2 light kit . You helped me locate the plug-in connection.
I installed it easily.

This “Work light” version with the 3 way switched harness must be brand new for the 700 or I would have bought it instead

I sure hate to throw away the one I just installed. Sounds like a remove and replace if I decide to buy it too??? unless you have a suggestion to utilize it ????
Thx
No, No, No...
This is a ADD-ON kit. It does not include any backup lights.

P

Pilot2016

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2019
Rockhill Sc
Ownership

1. 700-4
OK... GOT IT Sorry for my confusion.
I do use the harness and lights I’ve already installed.

I just ordered the $79 version with 3 way switch in blue ADD ON to the Auto Backup Kit with lights I’ve already installed. COOL!!

HOPE it gets out quickly... I’m ready to mount switch panel and will delay it for this great addition!!
Thanks
Walt (Larry) H.
Ft Mill SC
(We talked while you were on a weekend ride.)

Reactions: TripleB
P

Pilot2016

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2019
Rockhill Sc
Ownership

1. 700-4
I finished all installation of backup light kit AND the new AUTO
B9055524 29BF 4E2A 9555 937456608E89
switch harness. .

Before I hook the switch / relay to power, please confirm that the solid green wire is GROUND to chassis ???

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!