P500 Introduction

E

Edog

Jan 7, 2016
Hi there,
I just want to introduce myself. I'm still deciding on which SxS to buy, but I think I have it narrowed down to a Honda, and probably a 500. Here in New England most trails are closed until May 15, so I have some time to do all the research, save some more money (the accessories look really cool), and try to get the best deal.
I've enjoyed many of the discussions you guys have had and I'm excited to learn more.

Reactions: 500oneer
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Edog welcome to the club. You will find lots of useful info here and friendly people to answer question you may have.

Reactions: ohanacreek
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Edog welcome to hondasxs.com, where in new england are you? I'm in NH

E

Edog

Jan 7, 2016
Edog welcome to hondasxs.com, where in new england are you? I'm in NH
I'm in CT, but I'm looking to ride mainly in Vermont and the Berkshires. Would like to do NH too, but it's a little far. Still researching all the registration requirements etc.
My mom lives in NH, so I'm also considering buying and registering it there and save the sales tax, but I'm not sure what the rules are. Any thoughts or feedback on any of that would be greatly appreciated.

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
I'm in CT, but I'm looking to ride mainly in Vermont and the Berkshires. Would like to do NH too, but it's a little far. Still researching all the registration requirements etc.
My mom lives in NH, so I'm also considering buying and registering it there and save the sales tax, but I'm not sure what the rules are. Any thoughts or feedback on any of that would be greatly appreciated.
Do you do any CT riding?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome @Edog, Glad to have you.
What type of riding do you do? If it is mostly tight ATV trails then you cant beat the 500. Its a nimble thing that will take you anywhere you want to go. When the snow melts I'm sure you will have a selection picked out. If you have any questions dont be afraid to ask. These 500 guys are top notch.
C-ya on the trail soon.

E

Edog

Jan 7, 2016
I like to do any type of riding. Long distance trails, narrow mud trails though the woods, weekend rides, camping, snow plowing. I'm still considering a 700-4 too, to bring more friends, but kinda like the idea of being able to go on 50" limited trails and be able to drive it into the back of a pickup (which I don't have:) I also love the manual gears by the steering wheel concept.
I would love to be able to ride in CT, but they don't allow it in public parks, and I don't know of good private trails.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!