P1000 Is anyone as dumb as me?

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought a "TE MCP 2.8 Fuse & Relay Block Connector Kit with Cap, 2 Fuses, 1 Relay" to connect my voltmeter with a relay. Sounds easy enough. So I looked at the relay with the numbers wrote on the top of the relay and wired it up. Didn't work. So I spent two evenings checking things over. Still didn't work. So today I make a phone call to Ballinger Motorsports, they transfered me to tech, and in about 15 seconds it was figured out. These relays have numbers on the bottom that don't correspond with the numbers on the top of the relay. I didn't know. So I back the fittings out and put them in the correct location, and volia, it worked. So maybe everyones smarter than me when it comes to working with relays, but if not, and you buy one these you now know the rest of the story.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I bought a "TE MCP 2.8 Fuse & Relay Block Connector Kit with Cap, 2 Fuses, 1 Relay" to connect my voltmeter with a relay. Sounds easy enough. So I looked at the relay with the numbers wrote on the top of the relay and wired it up. Didn't work. So I spent two evenings checking things over. Still didn't work. So today I make a phone call to Ballinger Motorsports, they transfered me to tech, and in about 15 seconds it was figured out. These relays have numbers on the bottom that don't correspond with the numbers on the top of the relay. I didn't know. So I back the fittings out and put them in the correct location, and volia, it worked. So maybe everyones smarter than me when it comes to working with relays, but if not, and you buy one these you now know the rest of the story. View attachment 335171
I did all kinds of Stoopid s*** wiring my rig up. I don't talk about it. Everything works like it's suppose to now and that's all that matters.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope, I’m dumber.
Spent a couple hours yesterday trying to get a 2.5hp outboard to start.
Pull, choke, pull pull pull, etc. etc.
Take off air cleaner cover so I can shoot some starting fluid in the carburetor and I hear parts falling apart behind it.
So now I drain and remove the fuel tank and recoil starter to gain access behind the carb. Put it all back together.
“Hey what’s this?”
Now I know where the fuel shut off lever is…
Started first pull.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!