P1000 Is anyone running 4/137 lug pattern wheels?

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll be the first to admit I see no real benefit to the increased clearance. I smashed the crap out of my skid this weekend. The real advantage is the improved ride quality. My thinking is the plates securing the 2 shock mounts together up front is what's helping. Wouldn't be hard at all to fab up those supports minus the lift. I know I could tell the difference with the strut tower braces on my old SRT4. Same principle. Ties them together but still leaves each corner independent as far as suspension goes.
plates securing the shock mounts together??? is this an aftermarket part that I'm not aware of?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
plates securing the shock mounts together??? is this an aftermarket part that I'm not aware of?
The HL lift kit braces the shock mounts together on the front. And it reinforces the mounting points on the rear.
IMG 20161121 105524599 1336x752

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The HL lift kit braces the shock mounts together on the front. And it reinforces the mounting points on the rear.
View attachment 26997
man, it might be worth ordering that kit just for the reinforcements... I'm ordering the Walker Evans shocks for all 4 corners later this week and may want to install these high lifter reinforcements at the same time... I WANT TO GO FAST RICKY BOBBY!!!lol

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm really torn as to whether I want to add a bracket lift, or forward arms... I seem to recall that @joeymt33 mounted up some superatv arms recently... I wonder when he's going to give us a review???

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm really torn as to whether I want to add a bracket lift, or forward arms... I seem to recall that @joeymt33 mounted up some superatv arms recently... I wonder when he's going to give us a review???
I've already decided to go with arched arms at least up front. If I don't use the bracket lift, I'll either redrill mount holes for shocks (to put in stock location) or just make another set of brackets. Not willing to give up that ride quality

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've got a set of rear CATVOS arms just for you buddy

Signature:

QUOTE by Sharp, Where's Don? He's probably spray painting stuff lmfao!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The super ATV arms offer no lift. I had to make a bracket lift the night before we rode last Friday.

Signature:

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got a set of rear CATVOS arms just for you buddy

Signature:

I think I'll pass on the "squeakers"...lol maybe we need to talk offline so I can figure out why you swapped?

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The super ATV arms offer no lift. I had to make a bracket lift the night before we rode last Friday.

Signature:

ok, I think that's what I want. so they just move the wheel forward? I'm thinking this is what I want to do. I can add the high lifter brackets later if I want to go bigger, but right now, I just want to run 28" roctanes without having to cut my trail armor.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
At some point I will find some time to do a review of the super ATV arms as well. But another quick note about them, the rear arms move the wheels back 1.5".

Snuffnwhisky mounted 30" Evos with no lift using super ATV arms and they cleared good.

The squeak is manageable with lube but I wanted to keep the rear tires from hitting the mudbuster flares.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At some point I will find some time to do a review of the super ATV arms as well. But another quick note about them, the rear arms move the wheels back 1.5".

Snuffnwhisky mounted 30" Evos with no lift using super ATV arms and they cleared good.

The squeak is manageable with lube but I wanted to keep the rear tires from hitting the mudbuster flares.
My Evos hit the flare on the front on large bumps. My Gruff 2.0 probably won't have a lift. Just plates to stiffen up the shock mounts.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
My wheels are 4x137. I did have to drill out the holes. Made for 10mm studs so check for that. Very happy with the SATV arms so far. No lift and 30" evos, finger clearance at full lock and compression to the uncut FUTV skid plate and a few inches to the front flare on the bump stop on the Elka's. Haven't put on wheel spacers yet but the front might hit the skid when I do but nothing a grinder will not fix.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wheels are 4x137. I did have to drill out the holes. Made for 10mm studs so check for that. Very happy with the SATV arms so far. No lift and 30" evos, finger clearance at full lock and compression to the uncut FUTV skid plate and a few inches to the front flare on the bump stop on the Elka's. Haven't put on wheel spacers yet but the front might hit the skid when I do but nothing a grinder will not fix.
thanks for the info... are you impressed with the elkas? worth the money?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
thanks for the info... are you impressed with the elkas? worth the money?
No complaints with the shocks. Really need to do more riding/adjusting to give the best review. Need to drive a stocker back to back also. So far no comparison to stock and will only get better with adjustments. The only real comparison is across my field and I can easily go twice as fast with a smoother ride. I also removed the rear sway bar and it is more stable than before. I thought the front was a little stiff at bull run but Sunday I was messing with the adjustments and it was better with more compression. I think I was bottoming out. It's so controlled it's going to take some more time to figure out. Worth it to me as I like to get a little aggressive at times and I don't have the best back anymore! I've had a few high speed ejections over the years lol.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's the problem with high tech equipment sometimes. They are so adjustable it takes a while to dial in. Had a Fox twin clicker on my drag bike. Took 4 spring replacements and few months to dial it in. But once it was, it'd 60' off a sheet of ice lol.

Reactions: JTW and joeymt33
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
That's the problem with high tech equipment sometimes. They are so adjustable it takes a while to dial in. Had a Fox twin clicker on my drag bike. Took 4 spring replacements and few months to dial it in. But once it was, it'd 60' off a sheet of ice lol.
Yep. My drag car went from a 100# rear spring(rough ride) to a 135# spring and felt like a Cadillac.

Reactions: JTW and joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!