P1000 Is anyone running 4/137 lug pattern wheels?

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You should unhook the swaybar before getting the shocks, just to see the difference they make alone. Only takes couple mins to hook them back up if you don't like it. I love how mine rides without it. Little more body rock at times but I totally expected that.
Do you, are anyone else, have any pics/video of how/what to remove in order to easily separate? After loosing the nuts on the small 'upright arms', everything seem REALLY tight. Was concerned that attempting to remove bolt, might get half way out, but not all the way, nor be able to get back in. Assumed with nut loose, bolt would be movable, but seem to have a lot of pressure on it.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you, are anyone else, have any pics/video of how/what to remove in order to easily separate? After loosing the nuts on the small 'upright arms', everything seem REALLY tight. Was concerned that attempting to remove bolt, might get half way out, but not all the way, nor be able to get back in. Assumed with nut loose, bolt would be movable, but seem to have a lot of pressure on it.
Guess not?

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don't have any pics or video, but we removed mine when I put new tires on. While it was jacked up with no rear tires, we used an impact wrench to take the bolts out and I recall needing a pry bar to put pressure in a place or two to get the arms removed, but I think only on the passenger side.

The fun part was taking the bar out... we tried for a minute or two with the center brackets still on the bar and that wasn't happening. So we pulled those off and had it out in 20 seconds.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Guess not?
Sorry no video. Not sure what you're talking about being under pressure. My bar ends unbolted without incident. It's pretty easy project except for wiggling that sucker out of there. Some members say it's easy and some struggled. Worth the effort though!

Reactions: BigOL3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!