P1000 Is anyone unhappy with their hard doors?

J

JoshInReno

Oct 4, 2023
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm about at my wits end trying to chose some doors for my 1000-5.

I thought I had settled on the Honda soft doors, but when I spoke to the service manager at the dealership (of whom I've known for several decades) he had no shortage of stories of unhappy customers. Mainly doors being damaged while being trailered down the highway. It should be noted that he wasn't trying to sell me on another option.

So now I'm wondering if the Seizmik doors are an option. But there seems to be a question as to whether or not they will work with my combination of Honda roof, Honda mid-panel and Superatv glass windshield.

I guess my last option is to pony up for the Honda hard doors but even then I'm not sure they will work with the windshield I have!

Reactions: TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
First, what windshield do you have?

Second, not sure who hes talking with? But obviously not people here cuz people have been very happy with the Honda soft doors. Unless they are talking about The Gen 1 soft doors? But that was 16-17 early18 stuff. They were bad! I had a set on my 16’, they couldnt stop a fart much less the wind. Search “Honda soft doors” up top and you will get the opinions/testimonials your asking here.

Third, going bad trailering? Yea if you dont know how to trailer your rig with soft doors🤷🏻‍♂
I trailer mine every other weekend 3 hrs to my cabin and back sometimes in higher than average winds and they are still👌🏼 just have to follow the directions! 😉

Last edited:
J

JoshInReno

Oct 4, 2023
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First, what windshield do you have?

Second, not sure who hes talking with? But obviously not people here cuz people have been very happy with the Honda soft doors. Unless they are talking about The Gen 1 soft doors? But that was 16-17 early18 stuff. They were bad! I had a set on my 16’, they couldnt stop a fart much less the wind. Search “Honda soft doors” up top and you will get the opinions/testimonials your asking here.

Third, going bad trailering? Yea if you dont know how to trailer your rig with soft doors🤷🏻‍♂
I trailer mine every other weekend 3 hrs to my cabin and back sometimes in higher than average winds and they are still👌🏼 just have to follow the directions! 😉

I have the Superatv solid glass windshield. Not sure if there is more info I can provide but I could check the receipt for a part number if needed.

I wasnt aware there are specific instructions for trailering with the soft doors. What are they, if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have the Superatv solid glass windshield. Not sure if there is more info I can provide but I could check the receipt for a part number if needed.

I wasnt aware there are specific instructions for trailering with the soft doors. What are they, if you don't mind me asking?
Nope, the SATV glass is all we need. Thats goona seal the best over the SATV flip. So your good there. Any door should work.

As for trailering with soft doors. Best to unzip and remove the windows or keep them zipped up. But would also recommend to pull your rig forward (nose pointing the way your truck is) so the wind flows around the rig.
If you pull it on backwards and have the windows on it can cause a trap like a parachute and you could have issues.

Reactions: JoshInReno