P500 Is it too big?

Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald

Nov 10, 2016
Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
Hey guys, trying to decide what to do on my rear rack. Picked this is at tractor supply the other night. It limits my view looking back, but has a lot of storage. The rear basket over hangs the rack by about 4". It's 46w x 19h x 18d

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
It really just depends on how and where you ride and what you do with your P5. I tend to crawl around in tight places that have the ground bashing into the rear rack and I cant let anything hang over any. But, with that said it I were going hunting or exploring backroads and mild trails I would think it would be a bonus.

Be mindful of raising your center of gravity and what that means for cornering fast and off camber hills!

Reactions: sharp
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Hey guys, trying to decide what to do on my rear rack. Picked this is at tractor supply the other night. It limits my view looking back, but has a lot of storage. The rear basket over hangs the rack by about 4". It's 46w x 19h x 18d
View attachment 28610 View attachment 28611
Looks good Bro
wats your rigs name.....
....SWEETPEA......
HAHa

Reactions: sharp
Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald

Nov 10, 2016
Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
It really just depends on how and where you ride and what you do with your P5. I tend to crawl around in tight places that have the ground bashing into the rear rack and I cant let anything hang over any. But, with that said it I were going hunting or exploring backroads and mild trails I would think it would be a bonus.

Be mindful of raising your center of gravity and what that means for cornering fast and off camber hills!
I do ride in tight trails, also have a couple places where the rack might drag.

Looks good Bro
wats your rigs name.....
....SWEETPEA......
HAHa
No name, still have some more stuff to add though! Need some more funds.

Might return it and get one of those side mount truck boxes, bad thing is if I get a black one its the same price.

Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald

Nov 10, 2016
Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
That was my original plan, then I picked this box up. I'm going to take this one back, then order one like yours.

Thanks

Reactions: Tigermark and JTW
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I would suggest this route.. I loved my basket & box setup. I already see myself missing it on the 1000.

View attachment 28633
Yeah, I agree. That set up looks very nice. Those big boxes look out of proportion, IMO.

Reactions: JTW
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 28610 View attachment 28611

FWIW...I have the same box, just different latches. As stated, depends what you plan to do with it. I never have to worry about what to load up, everything I need is in that box for nearly any ride or destination. Helmets, straps, jump starter, compressor, even a sub. All my wiring and power blocks are in there too, close to the battery. Always dry and locked up.
P5 Back Latest
Mine is short of the rear bumper. I don't haul much loose stuff but have the little bed for muddy straps and such. Still have a line of sight with the rear view mirror. Apparently stops the vortex effect too, I've never experienced that.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
FWIW...I have the same box, just different latches. As stated, depends what you plan to do with it. I never have to worry about what to load up, everything I need is in that box for nearly any ride or destination. Helmets, straps, jump starter, compressor, even a sub. All my wiring and power blocks are in there too, close to the battery. Always dry and locked up.View attachment 28641Mine is short of the rear bumper. I don't haul much loose stuff but have the little bed for muddy straps and such. Still have a line of sight with the rear view mirror. Apparently stops the vortex effect too, I've never experienced that.
Big black box
the way to go

Reactions: trigger
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!