P1000 Is my frame out of alignment?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm going to have to give it a good clean'n before I can see well enough;)
I was just going to suggest that same thing! The mud makes it difficult to see tell-tale signs like rust (which would tend to indicate post mfg. damage that's been there for some time etc.

Might also be helpful to take pictures of the upper control arm front attach from each side with the same camera angle. Or, if you know or suspect where the sides differ, perhaps taping a square bit of cardboard or heavy paper in place would allow one to compare angles visually?

If there's no paint cracking or rust to indicate exposed metal from prior damage, might be time to seek redress from the dealer.

Reactions: Lady01
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks, that's reassuring. I read one post where someone was just driving across their farm and must have dipped into a hole--barely even noticed it. And it ripped the upper A-arm mount. That just got me a little scared.
I've cracked the passenger side and was with @100Acre when he ripped his off. We hit the same rock. It nearly stopped me running 10-15 mph. If it happens the tab wont be the only thing you tear up. It's not a big fix when it happens. I welded mine half assed after it cracked without even taking the machine apart. It's still fine a few thousand miles later. I made my gussets before I cracked the tab and dont feel like it's a priority, but I'm known to be a slacker lol.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!