P500 Is there supposed to be a weld here??

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well after a week and a half they decided they want to.......give me the option of frame replacement or weld it. Told them I’m not happy with that and I want neither. Never should have left the factory this way. They made two mistakes, not welding it and QA not catching it and I will be the one taking the hit caused by their mistake. I’m not rolling over that easy. The saga continues.

Tagged for resolution.
Definitely call Honda and open a ticket.
That will get the district manager involved.

Reactions: Biteme
H

HondaTech

Tagged for resolution.
Definitely call Honda and open a ticket.
That will get the district manager involved.

Pretty sure they've already gotten the DSM hands all over it.
They would never have offered a frame replacement if that wasn't the case. I'd almost bet the DSM has seen pictures or possibly even came to the dealership to see it in person.

G

gtistiffler

They would never have offered a frame replacement if that wasn't the case. I'd almost bet the DSM has seen pictures or possibly even came to the dealership to see it in person.

Yes there is already an open case.

G

gtistiffler

Six days since I’ve heard from Honda. Haven’t heard from the dealer except one time a few days after they picked up almost three weeks ago.

Last edited:
  • Wow
S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
Unless they changed Honda is the only one that can authorize a frame change. It is out of the dealers rights to replace a frame without authorization.

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I would lean towards the frame replacement, there may be other missing welds you can’t see.

H

HondaTech

Unless they changed Honda is the only one that can authorize a frame change. It is out of the dealers rights to replace a frame without authorization.

That's why I said they already got their DSM (district service manager) involved. They would've never offered anything without getting them involved first.

Reactions: Biteme and TripleB
S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
That's why I said they already got their DSM (district service manager) involved. They would've never offered anything without getting them involved first.
And I was simply backing you up, and agreeing with you.

C

CamoP500

Aug 8, 2020
Lake Vermilion
Ownership

1. 500
My guess in dealing with BRP on a similar issue is that no way will they be giving you a replacement unit. Hope I'm wrong. But without spending attorney dollars I don't think they will roll over on it. But I would say you have some room for negotiation here. Accept the weld or frame offer AND ask they give you an extended warranty for X years AND $500 of Honda accessories for free, or something like that. OR, maybe an opportunity to upgrade to the 520 and ask that they give your full purchase price of your 500 as a trade in value on a 520. Its not fun dealing with these large multi national corporations and you aren't even a pimple on their ass, but that's the way it is.

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
My guess in dealing with BRP on a similar issue is that no way will they be giving you a replacement unit. Hope I'm wrong. But without spending attorney dollars I don't think they will roll over on it. But I would say you have some room for negotiation here. Accept the weld or frame offer AND ask they give you an extended warranty for X years AND $500 of Honda accessories for free, or something like that. OR, maybe an opportunity to upgrade to the 520 and ask that they give your full purchase price of your 500 as a trade in value on a 520. Its not fun dealing with these large multi national corporations and you aren't even a pimple on their ass, but that's the way it is.

I was going to type this near exact thing.
Extended warranty, accessories or credit towards a new model.

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
When I ran the parts and service department at a Honda dealership (years ago) we had a similar issue on a dirt bike. Honda replaced the frame and gave the guy a credit on additional accessories and clothing, which we at the dealership matched.

Reactions: Biteme and CID
G

gtistiffler

You’re right. They called back today. Not budging. They are replacing the frame. I’m at the point when I get it back I wanna sell it

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went through the same problem with this truck, the first 6 months I didn't have it stayed at the dealer. Had horrible vibration that no one could figure out . I had all intentions of trading it off, once the gm rep figured it out I fell in love with it. Drove it for 4 years I still don't understand why I ever traded it off last summer but I did. My point is just give it a chance my p1000 has become a part of the family my wife and 3 kids love it I think there would be a mutiny if I tried to get ride of it.

20190804 121527

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
You’re right. They called back today. Not budging. They are replacing the frame. I’m at the point when I get it back I wanna sell it
I wouldn’t worry about it until it gives you reason to. After they finish the repair check it over well and take it for a ride. There is no reason the dealer should not Be able to replace the frame and you have a perfectly good machine afterwards. Maybe ask the dealer for an inspection after you ride it for 100 miles or so just to be sure there are no leaks or loose fasteners. They can probably do this during the first service.

G

gtistiffler

Hopefully the perspective buyer doesn’t find this thread. Just sayin.

you're right. that was part of my argument to Honda. a brand new machine that has had to have it's frame swapped is going to decrease the value and I'm the one that has to take that hit, not Honda.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Update. P500 has been at the dealer 5 weeks this Saturday. The new frame finally got delivered yesterday. Hopefully I get it back in "like new condition."

You better make sure the stupid bastards check the new frame over before starting to swap parts. After the robo welder in Honda SC got a counseling, he might have a hard on for your ass. Ain't that right @lee

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You better make sure the stupid bastards check the new frame over before starting to swap parts. After the robo welder in Honda SC got a counseling, he might have a hard on for your ass. Ain't that right @lee
Good point on checking the new frame!

Reactions: Mudwing
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Update. P500 has been at the dealer 5 weeks this Saturday. The new frame finally got delivered yesterday. Hopefully I get it back in "like new condition."

A second issue you might want to question is VIN#. Is the new frame stamped with the same VIN? If not are you getting a new OEM certificate for a title or are you going to get a " rebuilt title since VIN doesn't match original paperwork.

Its no big deal, until it is, just like missing welds.

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!