P1000 JBL Wireless Speaker

N

Nvrgiveup

So I was debating about which radio to install in the 1K3. Think I'm just gonna stick with the JBL Charge, mounted to the ROPS beside the rear view mirror with this $11 velcro system from Amazon. Works great, is hundreds cheaper, and 100% portable.

Screenshot 20220617 081209 Amazon Shopping

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I use the Charge3 in mine and @Backwoods uses the Charge4 in his. Mrs Backwoods got them a holder similar to that and they strap it above their head on the ROPS.

N

Nvrgiveup

I use the Charge3 in mine and @Backwoods uses the Charge4 in his. Mrs Backwoods got them a holder similar to that and they strap it above their head on the ROPS.
Yessir. I find that when on trails, I seldom have it turned on because I don't want anything distracting me from trying to keep all 4 wheels pointed toward the ground! Kinda like turning down the radio so I can see better when it's raining! :oops:

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yessir. I find that when on trails, I seldom have it turned on because I don't want anything distracting me from trying to keep all 4 wheels pointed toward the ground! Kinda like turning down the radio so I can see better when it's raining! :oops:
It's definitely easier to drive with the volume down! 😉😉

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So I was debating about which radio to install in the 1K3. Think I'm just gonna stick with the JBL Charge, mounted to the ROPS beside the rear view mirror with this $11 velcro system from Amazon. Works great, is hundreds cheaper, and 100% portable.

View attachment 339466
I use close to the same one when I golf its by JBL. its a good speaker. Just wish the charge was longer.
Id be leery of it getting wet tho. My buddy had one and he used his on the cart one time and we had some rain and it got wet POOF! No abla anymore. Also I wonder how good you can hear it in a P1? I have a QS HMF and shes loud

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You have to turn mine up pretty loud at 35 mph and above. I have mine down in the center part of the auxiliary package holder behind the net right by the 12v electrical plug. To me it keeps down the dust there and hopefully I never get that high up in water. Last Friday we rode till 11:30 pm and it was still playing although it wasn't constant from 8:30am. @Backwoods says his Charge4 will play for 12 hours.

Reactions: Backwoods
K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
The Flip 6 is dust and waterproof and I mounted it directly above my head on the rops. We bought it to use around the house first so this was temporary until I get the TheCOM system that I am planning on getting. It did run out of battery on the prison run but that was a 12 hour+ day.

advertisement
N

Nvrgiveup

The Flip 6 is dust and waterproof and I mounted it directly above my head on the rops. We bought it to use around the house first so this was temporary until I get the TheCOM system that I am planning on getting. It did run out of battery on the prison run but that was a 12 hour+ day.
I woulda run out on the prison run also, but I plugged it into the 3.5 USB ports during the break.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Ya got it all wrong…crank it up!!!

Just think of if as a soundtrack for a epic jump in a movie or something!!

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Harmon Kardon Onyx 6 in mine. IP65 or better, seems to handle the dust and rough ride just fine. Used a Ram clamp mount from the roll cage above the head rests in the middle and the bottom rests on the harness bar for stability.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
You have to turn mine up pretty loud at 35 mph and above. I have mine down in the center part of the auxiliary package holder behind the net right by the 12v electrical plug. To me it keeps down the dust there and hopefully I never get that high up in water. Last Friday we rode till 11:30 pm and it was still playing although it wasn't constant from 8:30am. @Backwoods says his Charge4 will play for 12 hours.
20 hrs. And the rollbar mount works great for us. I never had to charge it at TO.

Reactions: Mopower58
Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
The Flip 5 is tough to hear at speeds over 25mph, but is ok for trails. The Charge is a very noticeable difference and suits my needs pretty well. I never “jam” to the radio anymore, though.
I crank the charge 4 up. I wanna rock. Last about 20hrs as advertised.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'll spend on a good speaker but I'm not putting a stereo in something in that environment yet.....

M

Muley

May 16, 2022
Az
Ownership

1. 1000-3

View attachment 339466
I sure would like to try that, do you have a link?

Reactions: Backwoods
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!