P1000 Speaker wiring

Nruis89

Nruis89

Jan 4, 2021
Buchanan, Georgia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Bought this today. How should I wire it? Straight to the battery or is there a way I could wire it where it would kill power to it with my switch. Would it drain my battery overtime? Also would y’all put it on the back rail Facing the windshield, the middle one or the front bar. Going on a 1000-5.

8075776C 9141 41D3 9C82 B8E92DBA54C3

Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMO, I would wire it to a source where I could kill the power via a rocker switch or a toggle. That thing has an amp so it'll probably be safer to have a way to cut the power that way it doesn't kill your battery (not sure if it will power drain while off).

To answer your second question, the front roll bar would be my preferred location - easy access and also allows for the rear passengers to enjoy the rocking tunes. Good luck man!!

Sort of like this:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01 and Nruis89
1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dont have this setup but I do have an amplified Bluetooth with its own on/off button. Im always concerned about a draw on the battery from my accessories. Not sure if it helps but I have a rocker switch to turn my Bluetooth receiver on, and then I can power it up.

Reactions: Nruis89 and Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!