P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
...Someone else replied with, "Yea, they just groomed this trail last week and it is a really great trail!

I looked at the picture: It was a f***ng dirt road about 40 feet wide and as flat as a board.
lol - "groomed trails" oughta tell you something right there. And yes, most of it was just a big dirt road, with a TON of machines on it. I'll avoid it.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
lol - "groomed trails" oughta tell you something right there. And yes, most of it was just a big dirt road, with a TON of machines on it. I'll avoid it.
Our trails UP here are the same, very flat, groomed, busy & dusty. You shouldn't bother to ever come UP here to ride.....its a waste of time.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Other than the sled trails, our trails are not mapped. And we have the hills. The three biggest ski areas in the LP are around here.
Have u ever riddin our Tank trails In my are? Nothing says Merica like being around our finist and riding through craters! We have alot of unmarked forest roads too. Just dont get cought on them in this state $$ money! A buddy got a hefty fine! All it takes is that one time. ;)
IMG 6908
IMG 6909
IMG 6920
IMG 6919

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just trying to help a brother out on a group ride starting point. Trails lead out in all directions, there's a reason the Snowpackers have been based there for 50 yrs.
But I'll defer to the experts, the guy who went there once and must not have known where he was going and the guy who saw it in a picture and has only been on one ride ever. 🤦‍♂️

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
... We have alot of unmarked forest roads too. Just dont get cought on them in this state $$ money! A buddy got a hefty fine! All it takes is that one time. ;)

The trails around here are all legal to ride. There are a few that are posted "no ORVs", but other than that it's open. I wonder if you're talking about forest roads in a national state forest vs a state forest?

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Just trying to help a brother out on a group ride starting point. Trails lead out in all directions, there's a reason the Snowpackers have been based there for 50 yrs.
But I'll defer to the experts, the guy who went there once and must not have known where he was going and the guy who saw it in a picture and has only been on one ride ever. 🤦‍♂️
I was just passing along a funny about that area. No need to get all defensive.

FWIW, I have been going to that area and north since the late 1980s, just not with a Pioneer (snowmobiles, dirt bikes, three wheelers). We also had a place in Lewiston (about 45 miles north of there) for a number of years until 2019.

Reactions: Blownzuki
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The trails around here are all legal to ride. There are a few that are posted "no ORVs", but other than that it's open. I wonder if you're talking about forest roads in a national state forest vs a state forest?
No, just the ones like u just mentioned not posted on the DNR site. There just a Dick in the dirt when they want to be that's all

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
OK, so trying to bring this back around on subject:

P1K5Dave - thank you for the offer to use your place in Petoskey! That would only be a 2 hr. drive for me to get there from Leota, so that is an option.

The St. Helen option is also closer for me to get to as well.

Again, Remington's offer to stay at his place and ride the Graying area is also an option.

I think it is going to come down to who all is going to make this ride? Is the date of July 8th going to work for everyone? and how far does everyone what to drive for it?

Should I try and add a poll to this thread or start another with a poll to try and get this figured out?

Reactions: Remington and Coeus

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!