P500 Just Arrived - My Pioneer 520

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I would have chosen that over my 700/4 in 2017 if available! Nice rig....

Reactions: ChadD
P

PrimitivePete

There's a fix for that.
I've applied extensive sound deadening materials, tried quieting the exhaust (made the loud gear train whine even more annoying). Honda needs to think twice before deleting use of helical cut gears in the drivetrain. A bad decision by their bean counters, and below the Honda reputation for best engineering.

H

HondaTech

I've applied extensive sound deadening materials, tried quieting the exhaust (made the loud gear train whine even more annoying). Honda needs to think twice before deleting use of helical cut gears in the drivetrain. A bad decision by their bean counters, and below the Honda reputation for best engineering.

Honda has always used straight cut gears in the transmission and differentials. They seem noises due to not reving it to the moon like a belt machine.

Any belt machine is, to me, a much louder sounding ride then any Honda.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

It's an issue with all sxs's really. Don't know how expensive you went on those fixes but $70 will take care of a good amount of that noise. Also eliminates the steam bath you get going through water and the dust sucked in from behind you. This forum will cost you money but save you money too.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500

S

SteveHarbour

Dec 2, 2020
Yulee, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
VERY nice rig!! What is the overall width with the offset wheels? Looking forward to you’re first trail test report.

G

Glavigne

Dec 3, 2020
Flamborough Ontario
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Nice I got mine just before Christmas, I was surprised, other dealers were saying March, my last one years ago was a rubicon 500, looking forward to many reliable years of use, us Canadians only are offered the red, seems strange to me but I’m sure I can wrap it however I want anyhow, sticks out like a sore thumb lol, mine is just as it came with the stock tires which I’m very impressed with in the snow and slush even going up some steep hills, I was kind of expecting smoother shifting, it could be I’m being to modest in the throttle as it’s new, the lights at night are disappointing, I already installed a $90 light bar which I’m totally impressed with.

AA8096F4 B366 4BA4 BD69 26ABD4B2DFC3

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Really liking the bed on the new one. Makes it look sharp. I don’t know why they don’t put some decent wheels and tires in these from factory, they would sell tons more if they didn’t look so dorky stock.
My ‘15 P500
View attachment 244669
That's a funny looking Talon!

Reactions: Vondy
M

Mortdog

May 19, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Nice looking in red in my opinion. I put down $500 for 1 coming to a dealer in Minnesota late February. I sold my 2015 P500 earlier this year. I hoping this has a smoother ride over wash board trails. Can anyone with a p520 comment if it’s smoother than the p500? I’ve contacted Honda but all they said was it has dual rate springs. Which should be a improvement. I’m also curious to hear other opinions on the stock tire traction. That was always a complaint from many that the P500 stock tires stunk for traction. Thanks to Glavigne for his comments on snow/slush traction. It’s good info.

C

CamoP500

Aug 8, 2020
Lake Vermilion
Ownership

1. 500
the 2020 P500's came with dual rate springs- mine has them. I've never rode in another p500 but mine is plenty rough with dual rate springs so I don't think they make much difference in ride quality.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!