Just arrived!

Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV
After 8 months, 15 days, 7 hrs and approximately 31 minutes my new Honda Talon 1000-4 has arrived. :p My dealer here in Michigan was able to find a new still in the crate 2021. I really wanted to wait for a 2022 but at my age you gotta take advantage of every minute you have left! I just hit the purchase button on Amazon and order a ton of accessories. Windshields front and rear, door filler panels, GPS system, trailer hitch, winch, light bar, cargo bar for the back and larger 30” tires. I know seeing is believing but the best I can currently do is a picture of the plain machine in my driveway. As soon as the UPS truck arrives I’ll start updating my pics. I finally feel like I’m part of this forum. YEAAAAAAAA!

CD3B08FD 7F8F 4B80 AEF5 0DC11506C70E

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Welcome from the once great state of Colorado. :cool:

I think that's the best X4 color scheme. 😍

Reactions: Backwoods and ChadD
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
After 8 months, 15 days, 7 hrs and approximately 31 minutes my new Honda Talon 1000-4 has arrived. :p My dealer here in Michigan was able to find a new still in the crate 2021. I really wanted to wait for a 2022 but at my age you gotta take advantage of every minute you have left! I just hit the purchase button on Amazon and order a ton of accessories. Windshields front and rear, door filler panels, GPS system, trailer hitch, winch, light bar, cargo bar for the back and larger 30” tires. I know seeing is believing but the best I can currently do is a picture of the plain machine in my driveway. As soon as the UPS truck arrives I’ll start updating my pics. I finally feel like I’m part of this forum. YEAAAAAAAA!

View attachment 349626
obtw: check out the link in my sig, some X4's had a rear seatbelt (?) bolt rubbing thru the wiring harness, you'll want to check that. Some guys tied the harness tighter, my preference would be to cut the bolt off.

Last edited:
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Congrats! My dealer called last weekend and said they had a new '21 x4 come in and asked if I wanted it. Told him no, I was gonna hold out for the 22 Live Valve.

Reactions: ChadD and Smittyp
Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV
obtw: check out the link in my sig, some X4's had a rear seatbelt (?) bolt rubbing thru the wiring harness, you'll want to check that. Some guys tied the harness tighter, my preference would be to cut the bolt off.
Thanks for the heads up! I’ll check it out ASAP.

Reactions: ChadD and CID
Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV
A big thanks to all of you guys for the warm welcome. I belong to a few other forums because I have learned over the years, the best advice is from those who have first hand knowledge. I’m sure I’ll be picking everybody’s brain from time to time. In fact first question I’ll throw out there is approximately how far can go on a full tank?
Thanks Again!

Reactions: ChadD
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
A big thanks to all of you guys for the warm welcome. I belong to a few other forums because I have learned over the years, the best advice is from those who have first hand knowledge. I’m sure I’ll be picking everybody’s brain from time to time. In fact first question I’ll throw out there is approximately how far can go on a full tank?
Thanks Again!
That depends entirely on the terrain of the day, I get from 9.8 mpg in the rocks up to almost 20 mpg cruising the desert. I believe the X4 has a 7.7 gallon tank so that's anywhere from 75 to 154 miles per tank. I ride above 7k feet, so my fuel injection 'should be' leaner than lower altitudes.

Check your mileage a few times to get a feel for your (heavier) X4.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!