Just wondering....

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am a relatively new owner of a HP1K-3 but have been a Honda 4x4 owner since the mid 90's. I know all sizes of these machines can do amazing things out on the trails. But for those who also have relatively new rides I am just wondering how many of you might be like me and will try to do your best at avoiding any and all logs, rocks, mud puddles, mud holes and swamps of any kind for at least the first 100 miles? Just wondering. Lol!

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
A conservative break-in won't hurt anything. Lay off the hard throttle and hard braking for a while, otherwise just drive it. Be sure to do your first maintenance checks throughly. You might also consider letting the machine warm up after a cold start. I usually wait till i see the water temp rising before heading out.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Modern computer control with fuel injection….just send it dude!

last time a warranty was denied for improper break in period was never.

No point in overthinking it. Warming up etc is just wasting fuel and diluting your oil.

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A conservative break-in won't hurt anything. Lay off the hard throttle and hard braking for a while, otherwise just drive it. Be sure to do your first maintenance checks throughly. You might also consider letting the machine warm up after a cold start. I usually wait till i see the water temp rising before heading out.
This is alot like how I am... but after 100 mile maintenance.. look out! Haha! Not really..

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Negative! Sender all the way!
drive it like you stole it!!!

advertisement
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I am a relatively new owner of a HP1K-3 but have been a Honda 4x4 owner since the mid 90's. I know all sizes of these machines can do amazing things out on the trails. But for those who also have relatively new rides I am just wondering how many of you might be like me and will try to do your best at avoiding any and all logs, rocks, mud puddles, mud holes and swamps of any kind for at least the first 100 miles? Just wondering. Lol!
If it makes you feel better but, unless the owners manual says otherwise.

Always follow the recommendations in the owners manual and you should have smooth sailing.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I unloaded my Talon from the dealership. My father-in-law was dying to ride it. He got in and dropped the hammer!! He has a sand pit in his back yard. He spent the first couple miles with the hammer down in the sand. I don't have any problems with the engine 1800 miles later!!! You know, that might actually be why my stock Talon was making 3 more horsepower than any other stock Talon PPEI ran on the dyno!! Rings are well seated!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!