Just Got My New Pioneer 700-4

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
One of the very few times that I did not need my FLIRs......

Hoglets

Hoglets2

Suckers came out of the woods about a 150 yards down the road and walked right up to me?

Must have thought I was their momma.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Holy Moly, I was hoping these Walker Evan Baja 500 Race Shocks would be nice, they are beyond nice, they are fantastic, next thing I know I'm going to get some air!

After installing the 30 pound AGM battery and the 15 pound FLIR M instrument/accessories and another ten pounds of welded 3/8' steel for the battery box and the mil-spec 850 IR spot beam, I wanted to replace the front OEM KYB shocks to improve the vibration and ride for using the thermal video camera.

Major improvement in everything, much less vibration and bouncing around and much quieter too, handling and compliance is way way better.

Walker20Evans

KYB20vs20WE

Installed20On20Hondini

The FLIR M-Series is totally real mil-spec for water proof, vibration, shock, dust, etc. but is always best to treat sensitive instruments as well as possible, not to mention the video output will be much smoother too.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Also installed a marine deep cycle AGM battery under the hood and a 80 amp battery isolater, lots of welding and cutting with the plasma torch but came out real good.

Battery1

Battery2

The thermal video camera and Ethernet remote Joy Stick Controller and High Definition Color LCD screen take about 3 amps when they are all running.

Cab20Monitor20JCU

Camo20Flir4

Corner20Camo20Flir

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Houston - We Have Lift Off!

ME20FLIR20M20Series

Me20Color20Flir20M20Series

Dead hog my game cam tree @ 175 yards:

Hog20by20Game20Cam

The Unseen Eye Is Watching You....

Camo20FLIR

Corner20Camo20Flir

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
if you'd ever like any help stocking up on bacon I am sure there are more than a few willing helpers.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
The 24 watt 850nm IR beam puts out some serious power for Night Vision Optics:

Hondini20NV20850nm20Headlamp

850nm20Headlamp

The view from the drivers seat though the FLIR themal is also very good.

Game20Cam20Tree201X

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Finally finished the entire install today when I hooked up the primary battery to the auxiliary battery with the 10 foot 2 AWG power cable.

This baby is all setup and ready to rock and roll FLIR style!

The auxiliary battery powers all the FLIR electronics and equipment whether or not the engine is running, the 35Ah auxiliary battery easily runs the FLIR M-324XP for 12 hours without voltage dropping below 12.5 volts. It also powers a marine waterproof USB dual port connector in the dash to charge up cell phones, Garmin GPS, FLIR scopes, FLIR handheld scanners, etc whether the engine is on or off.

Whenever the engine is running it automatically charges the auxiliary battery.

Battery20Isolater20Finished

ThisFLIR thermal is awesome and ready to hunt night and day.

Hondini20FLIR20Finished

And of course, a final obligatory pic of my professional escape vehicle in front of the log cabin at the hunt camp!

Hondini20Hunting20Lodge

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Looks really good Sky. You really set up a sweet hunting vehicle there. I'm sure it will help you nail a bunch of hogs this year.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Here is the view through the FLIR thermal camera on the UTV walking out 100 yards using the different pallet colors, inverse polarity, pan/tilt, and zoom.

http://youtu.be/EMF8wBrvfBw

This was in the dark pouring down rain wearing a full length rain coat, will be so much better this fall when it is cool out!

advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Nice. You can see from a fairly good distance.
So what's the point in all the colors? Is it just to provide different contrasts. I like the red on green.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
The various color pallets provide differentiating contrast detail for various climate conditions, this was in the rain on a hot steaming night, the worse for any thermal camera due to the environment being mono-thermal with everything the same temp. in the fall when it gets cool and a high pressure and the leaves fall off the tress you can see 10X better, then the color pallets really work well.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Finally finished installing the professional Walker Evan rear shocks and they totally refined the ride on the UTV to a new level.

These are the same shocks that come standard on the Polaris RZR 1000 Baja Race UTV except I talked to the people at Walker Evans and had them re-valve them for rock crawling and trail riding instead of high speed racing.

Really smooths out the view on the FLIR M-324 thermal camera when cruising around 10-15 mph, eliminating the shake and vibrations!Icon smile cool

WE20Rear

WE20Installed20on20Rear

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Loosening up the knuckle bolts really made the install easy too, thanks for the tip on that!!!

In addition, with the WE shocks all the way around now, I also previously installed the Strong Made lift kit, the combination of the lift kit and the shocks is a match made in heaven! :mrgreen:

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
What's up with your muffler exhaust outlet? did you remove the turned down pipe?

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
LOL, this is getting too easy....

I'm cruising down the forest road out back in the UTV with the FLIR M-324 running and see two distinct hot spots about 250 yards ahead, cut the engine and watch them darting out of the thick cover on the side of the road. Decide to exit the UTV and stalk up a little closer on the road with the FLIR T-70 to see if it is a couple of coons or possibly some hogs?

Take a sitting position in the middle of the road (full moon coming up bright) and watch them in the thermal scope, decide they are in fact some hogs and about to get up to mosey in a bit closer when suddenly they both take off running right down the middle of the road towards me?

Caught a little off balance but watch them keep coming, at 125 yard coming right at me I decide to take out the one on the left with a frontal head shot as this is too good to be true and don't want to have them run off into cover.

BAM, he drops in his tracks with bullets between the eyes!

Other dude halts in his tracks and looks his buddy over and three seconds later BAM - head shot and he drops in his tracks.

Couple of 90 pounders are in the sausage grinder!

Hondini20Shoats20Front

Hondini20Shoats20Red20Led

Hondini20Shoats

Awesome!

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Picked up some nice .308 targets on the game cam behind the house for this weekends hunt, about a dozen 400 pounders.....

7 14 1420184B

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
SkyPup, now that's some bacon. :eek:

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!