Just Got My New Pioneer 700-4

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Installed 50 feet of header wrap (2 - 25 foot wraps one on top of the other 25 feet each way) and cut down cab heat over 50% and quieted down engine considerably.

Heat20Wrap

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks. You just wrap it like tape?
Did you go all the way to the muffler?
Why you wrap it twice?

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Yeah, I just wrapped it like you would some tape.

25 feet does not go all the way to the muffler but almost, did not bother with the muffler since it is so far back and I am getting a YOSHIMURA slip on to replace the Honda muffler, should have the slip-on to install this weekend.

I wrapped it twice to make sure that the heat was being trapped well, I guess you could get by with one 25 foot wrap, but I figured two wrap depth would be much better than just one.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
It cuts down on the vibratory resonant engine noise noticeably.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
So much so that most of what I hear now is the air intake rush through the snorkel into the air box.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Headshot 225 yards using ACOG TA02/FLIR T-70, DRT.

22520Yard20Coyote

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
SkyPup said:
Installed 50 feet of header wrap (2 - 25 foot wraps one on top of the other 25 feet each way) and cut down cab heat over 50% and quieted down engine considerably.
Sky, Did you just wrap over the head pipe cover? Kinda looks like but I just want to make sure.
Thanks.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Yes, I did, to encase everything to keep the heat insulated inside...

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks.

Nice Coyote. I went hunting last week. see a few but too far to get a shot. Tried to call but they never came.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
That is why they call it hunting!

It is very difficult to get them to commit, usually they just hang out out of range in the shadows, if they get a whiff of your scent you can kiss them goodbye....

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Installed a beautiful Larson Electronic 27 Watt RED LED spot blaster and man is it totally professional first class all the way.

The Red LED Light knocks your socks off and I will be using this cruising around at night with the FLIR thermal on when not using 850nm NV IR LED lights!

I had another 2-Rigid Industries White 4" LEDs with four LEDs with a Rigid Industries Red Plastic Lens covering the white LEDs, it pretty much suxed as you were hard pressed to see 100 feet in the dark with the weak filtered red light.

The real RED LEDs are 10X better and blow the red lens covers away.

Larson20Red20Led20Front

Larson20Red20Led20On

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Also installed the beautiful Yosh exhaust pipe today too, it is a very nice professionally made exhaust kit that includes the stainless steel pipe back to the header junction and the slip-on stainless steel muffler.

It has a nice quiet throaty sound on idle and cruising around but when you step on the throttle 1/2 or more it sends out some serious sound waves similiar to my KTM 690 Adventure bike, BRAPP!

It was an easy install and a very nice unit.

Yosh20Pipe20Parts

Yosh20Pipe20Side

Yosh20Pipe20Rear

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Another pic of the Yosh can:

Yosh20Rear20Pipe

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Looks nice. I did not expect you to go with something like this. I figured if anything you would go with a silencer.
So why the reverse?

So, you have full capabilities to ride in pitch black dark with that IR light. Right?
Dude.. you have the best Pioneer out there.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
On idle and cruising it is a bit louder than stock but not obnoxious, step on the throttle hard and it is obnoxious though. It definitely is not stealth, that is for sure...

Here is what my 850nm IR headlamp looks through Night Vision Optics, i can see for over 1/2 mile with ZERO VISIBLE LIGHT!

Cattle20Pasture20Road20850nmB

That reflector out there in the cattle pasture is 1/2 mile out....

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
There is a welded on stainless steel screen spark suppressor insert in the end of the can that you can remove for absolute straight through exhaust. Plan on keeping that insert installed as without it, it is EXTREMELY LOUD as it breaks up the sound wave pulses to keep it from sounding like a straight pipe.

I measured with a decibel meter three feet from the straight through exhaust and it hit 105 db - this is NOT GOOD for your ear drums!

With the stock YOSH spark suppressor in its stock position, it measures 98 db at three feet.

Stock muffler exhaust was 88 db at three feet for comparison....

With two balled up 4"X4" stainless steel screen inserts crammed into the pipe and then installed the stock spark suppressor to keep everything from flying out, it measures 95 db at three feet. This is acceptable to me as idle is nice and throaty, cruising with no load is nice and throaty, and stepping on the gas is still pretty loud when you want max power and acceleration.

It does start, idle, and run magnificent! Probably another 5-6hp with K&N and Yosh pipe over stock setup!

Plus, when you turn it off -> there is no tingling of the header pipe cooling down. When you turn it off there is no sound at all, this is a nice improvement over the OEM stock pipe and heat shields tingling for five minutes during cool down. I did not put the OEM heat shields back on the header pipe, I just wrapped that with thermal header wrap to keep the heat radiation minimized and increase heat flow out the muffler.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Busted another one with my Browning Hi-Power this morning....

Hi20Power20Hog

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!