Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Savoy

Sep 8, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That is good to know! It definitely gives me an option to consider! Thank you for your first hand experience.

S

Savoy

Sep 8, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, just got back from my friendly Honda dealer. As predicted they tried to shove it up my ass when it came to trade value. They wanted to discount the pioneer by $1500 from original purchase price. My response was talk to my lawyer as you told me full value trade...in writing as an email. Once we got that bit of irritation over and they gave me full purchase price trade, I had an opportunity to drive a Pioneer with complete moose cab enclosure and a Defender XT. Without a doubt the Defender met MY needs better than the Pioneer. It may fall apart in a year, but until that time the Defender will be in my garage. Please, not trying to say the Defender is a better machine. It probably is not in many ways, but for my wants and needs the integrated cab system, driving feel and ease of getting in and out made my decision. My new Defender XT will land in about 2 weeks. So that said I appreciate the collective wisdom shared by this board. Thank you.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, just got back from my friendly Honda dealer. As predicted they tried to shove it up my ass when it came to trade value. They wanted to discount the pioneer by $1500 from original purchase price. My response was talk to my lawyer as you told me full value trade...in writing as an email. Once we got that bit of irritation over and they gave me full purchase price trade, I had an opportunity to drive a Pioneer with complete moose cab enclosure and a Defender XT. Without a doubt the Defender met MY needs better than the Pioneer. It may fall apart in a year, but until that time the Defender will be in my garage. Please, not trying to say the Defender is a better machine. It probably is not in many ways, but for my wants and needs the integrated cab system, driving feel and ease of getting in and out made my decision. My new Defender XT will land in about 2 weeks. So that said I appreciate the collective wisdom shared by this board. Thank you.
I hope it all works out for you. Good luck!

J

JTW

Lmao... you’re sooo screwed!

D

DDDonkey

Congrats the defender was on my list as it is a great machine! Good luck, and stop by with an update on it in a few weeks.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Way to reverse thier dick thrust finishing move. And nice that they (finally) did what they said.
I've spent some time around various defender sites, and outside of the BKT/portal/drive it in a lake group, there seems to be very few problems. Like I said, Im Tempted...
Congrats, and enjoy your new ride!

advertisement

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank you one and all. I won't abandon this site. Kind of like the vibe here. Now if I could get a bit more mobile with my new hip parts, I might even get to drive around a bit before winter really sets in on the tundra aka Minnesota!
Congrats...and trust me, your Defender won't fall apart anytime soon! Fanboys are gonna hate any brand besides the (overhyped in my opinion) Honda soooo...don't let them bust your chops!

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Congrats on your new-new machine, whatever the brand. Honestly I think you made the right choice for YOU, I tested the Defender when I was first shopping a few years ago. It seemed like a very nice set up. Good luck and stick around the site.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thank you one and all. I won't abandon this site. Kind of like the vibe here. Now if I could get a bit more mobile with my new hip parts, I might even get to drive around a bit before winter really sets in on the tundra aka Minnesota!
I wish there was a multi brand site like this one myself, but stick around.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Although I'm a week and a new machine too late just curious, did you consider to all weather kit from Honda with the hard sided doors, glass windows, windshield, and hard rear panel?

I'm assuming that the P1K had the soft doors known for gaps with common complaints.

Alternate cab is made by alumalite armor, very good quality from what I've seen.

Alumilte Armor

S

Savoy

Sep 8, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I did all OEM honda parts except the hard doors for $2700. I had the second gen soft half doors. Fitment was not to my standards Shutting the doors with the soft doors installed was a violent event. And the techs claimed "they all do that" Drove a machine with complete Moose enclosure. It was better than Honda but half assed compared to the Can Am cab enclosure. Trust when I say I would have gladly kept my Pioneer if Honda would have had a decent cab system. They do not in my humble opinion.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wish there was a multi brand site like this one myself, but stick around.

You’ve seen some of the truck brand discussions on here, you really think that a multi-brand SxS site would be as nice as this one?

Most people would be fine but there’s the “butthurt contingent” that will take everything that isn’t what they want to hear very personally.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did all OEM honda parts except the hard doors for $2700. I had the second gen soft half doors. Fitment was not to my standards Shutting the doors with the soft doors installed was a violent event. And the techs claimed "they all do that" Drove a machine with complete Moose enclosure. It was better than Honda but half assed compared to the Can Am cab enclosure. Trust when I say I would have gladly kept my Pioneer if Honda would have had a decent cab system. They do not in my humble opinion.

gen 2 is much better than gen 1, the Honda instructions are for a 1person Install, if you have 2 people you can close the door and be able to get it lined up MUCH better. Is the cab as good as the Can-am no, and it’s no where near the fit of the Polaris cab, but I can deal with a little cold air and dust over the mechanical issues that are prevalent on the Polaris. If the Can-am was as quiet as the Pioneer I’d consider it. They are my #2 brand but they are LOUD, I personally measured my 16’ pioneer with a full cab vs a 2019 can-am defender, Polaris general and Northstar Ranger... the Northstar while the quietest other than the Pioneer, was still louder to 30mph by a good margin and past that a lot louder. The defender was as loud at idle as the pioneer at 20-25mph.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
You’ve seen some of the truck brand discussions on here, you really think that a multi-brand SxS site would be as nice as this one?

Most people would be fine but there’s the “butthurt contingent” that will take everything that isn’t what they want to hear very personally.
Yeah...but those are always ford guys...

advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!