ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Had an insane rain storm on Saturday night. Flooding everywhere. But Sunday it got into the mid 70's so we had to go for a ride.

Well, I found some serious mud. Was riding with 2 of my cousins and they were on 450 Foreman quads. Definitely put the tires to the test! Went down a long gas line and it was really soft. Water and mud the whole way. I ran in 4wd low the whole time. Couple small creek crossings that were washed out bad. My tires were sinking in that mud at least 5" or 6" the whole way. And the pace was pretty slow. I never had to really put my foot into it. The truck tires exceeded my expectations in conditions like that. They seem like they are always spinning, just slightly. But I never got stopped. I was nervous because I was really expecting to get stuck, but it just kept moving. It was a fun ride, but it seriously needs a bath now.

I'm happy, because I usually avoid mud as much as I can. But now I know I won't be totally handicapped if I can't avoid it.

Reactions: Napaul
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Check load capacity on any choices,that narrows it down.
I just ordered new set of maxxis bighorn 2.0 upgraded to 28 inch for my 1000-5 deluxe with 14" wheels.
My bighorn have never failed me in over 5500 miles.fronts showing wear,rears not bad.
I do run a lot in turf mode when on pavement to cut down on scrapping,firm believer this helps
That is what I put on mine.
IMG 0212

Napaul

Napaul

Apr 7, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had an insane rain storm on Saturday night. Flooding everywhere. But Sunday it got into the mid 70's so we had to go for a ride.

Well, I found some serious mud. Was riding with 2 of my cousins and they were on 450 Foreman quads. Definitely put the tires to the test! Went down a long gas line and it was really soft. Water and mud the whole way. I ran in 4wd low the whole time. Couple small creek crossings that were washed out bad. My tires were sinking in that mud at least 5" or 6" the whole way. And the pace was pretty slow. I never had to really put my foot into it. The truck tires exceeded my expectations in conditions like that. They seem like they are always spinning, just slightly. But I never got stopped. I was nervous because I was really expecting to get stuck, but it just kept moving. It was a fun ride, but it seriously needs a bath now.

I'm happy, because I usually avoid mud as much as I can. But now I know I won't be totally handicapped if I can't avoid it.

Did you lower the pressure before this? Still no bead problems I assume? We had some decent rain here Thursday night and the wife and kids and I spent the whole weekend riding. Great way to quarantine and enjoy the nice weather!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Did you lower the pressure before this? Still no bead problems I assume? We had some decent rain here Thursday night and the wife and kids and I spent the whole weekend riding. Great way to quarantine and enjoy the nice weather!

Running 13 psi. Probably could lower it a bit more but the ride really isn't too bad. Had zero tire issues. We had a good time. Was a little nervous in the mud cuz we would have had a heck of a time if I'd gotten stuck. Two quads with nearly bald tires sitting in mud trying to pull a heavy Pioneer 1000 would be interesting.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not sure about the BH's but mine had the 12 inch wheels and tires and they are about 1 1/2 inches taller at 15 psi.

Reactions: helimech
helimech

helimech

Feb 11, 2014
Ownership

1. 1000-5
that thing looks amazing Mopower58

Reactions: Mopower58
Smoke

Smoke

Jul 1, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have 28 sti x comps and love them, they are good on pavement and a little mud, handle better and drive like a car right out of the showroom, they are heavy but I don't notice much power loss but seems to shift a little smoother

Napaul

Napaul

Apr 7, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 28 sti x comps and love them, they are good on pavement and a little mud, handle better and drive like a car right out of the showroom, they are heavy but I don't notice much power loss but seems to shift a little smoother

I really do like the X Comps. They should be super tough and smooth for sure. If I remember right I read where they were designed for the “high hp” machines that wouldn’t notice a heavier tire as much. I think they are the heaviest tire I have considered at almost 42 lbs each in the 28. I really didn’t want to go over 40 lbs per tire and was leaning more toward something in the 35-37 lbs range, but hearing good things about a tire, even a heavy one, is always good. I am willing to sacrifice a little power for a reliable and capable tire, but I worry about wear on the drivetrain as well. How long have you been running the X Comps?

Smoke

Smoke

Jul 1, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've been running them for about 6 months, I ride alot of pavement where I live so far they are showing good wear, they are heavy I only notice a little power loss in situations where I gotta slowly crawl over a log or something like that but put it in 4wd and it's not as noticeable

Napaul

Napaul

Apr 7, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been running them for about 6 months, I ride alot of pavement where I live so far they are showing good wear, they are heavy I only notice a little power loss in situations where I gotta slowly crawl over a log or something like that but put it in 4wd and it's not as noticeable

That’s good to know. There’s a lot of land we have access to up and down the road so I run a lot of pavement just traveling back and forth. One of my biggest concerns is how a tire will hold up on asphalt.

Smoke

Smoke

Jul 1, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had 900 mile on the stock front tires and they were smoked on pavement, so bad it would walk all over the road and just bounce..... so far I'm a little over 600 on these and they show little wear and for me it's perfect for summer rides and being in the woods for deer season or hauling in wood......I'm running 15 psi no bead lock wheels may try to run 10 and see what happens I'm most likely going back to the same tire the next go round as of right now, where are you from?

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I keep looking at 30" tires. I really like my Quadboss 28x10s but I think 30s would look good and give me a bit more ground clearance. Not sure I'd see a huge gain but it's tempting

Napaul

Napaul

Apr 7, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had 900 mile on the stock front tires and they were smoked on pavement, so bad it would walk all over the road and just bounce..... so far I'm a little over 600 on these and they show little wear and for me it's perfect for summer rides and being in the woods for deer season or hauling in wood......I'm running 15 psi no bead lock wheels may try to run 10 and see what happens I'm most likely going back to the same tire the next go round as of right now, where are you from?

Wow 900 miles? How’s your alignment? I’m in Northeast Georgia so it’s a mixture of hardpack, loose soil, mud, clay...I also live in a small rural area near an old flood plain so throw in a ton of granite outcroppings and more sand than you usually find in NEGA. I have a ton of places to ride but have to hit the pavement at least for a mile or so to get to them. Sometimes farther. I literally run the gauntlet of terrains! That’s why I’ve researched tires so extensively. There’s just nothing out there that will do it all. I’m going to have to make sacrifices somewhere.

Napaul

Napaul

Apr 7, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I keep looking at 30" tires. I really like my Quadboss 28x10s but I think 30s would look good and give me a bit more ground clearance. Not sure I'd see a huge gain but it's tempting

Do you have the SATV A-Arms? I’d love to go 30’s but I wanted to avoid buying A-Arms for now. At least while my stock ones are still undamaged.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have the SATV A-Arms? I’d love to go 30’s but I wanted to avoid buying A-Arms for now. At least while my stock ones are still undamaged.

Yes I have SuperATV arms.

IMG 20191019 171617

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I dropped the pressure in the Federal 235/75/15 tires yesterday to 9 psi. It made a huge difference in the ride. Much smoother and I bet it will get around better.. I didn't get off road yesterday to test. The sidewall is much more flexible than I expected after I lowered the pressure. The tires were at about 14 psi and they were very stiff.

Napaul

Napaul

Apr 7, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dropped the pressure in the Federal 235/75/15 tires yesterday to 9 psi. It made a huge difference in the ride. Much smoother and I bet it will get around better.. I didn't get off road yesterday to test. The sidewall is much more flexible than I expected after I lowered the pressure. The tires were at about 14 psi and they were very stiff.

Definitely keep us updated how they do with the extra flex. This is something I’ve been really interested in with the beadlock vs no beadlock debate. Just googling, I’ve stumbled across another UTV forum where a couple users swear up and down that they’ve ran LT tires at 10 psi for thousands of miles with no beadlocks over rocks and everything else you can think of without a single issue. But I don’t fully trust people on forums who don’t own Hondas!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Definitely keep us updated how they do with the extra flex. This is something I’ve been really interested in with the beadlock vs no beadlock debate. Just googling, I’ve stumbled across another UTV forum where a couple users swear up and down that they’ve ran LT tires at 10 psi for thousands of miles with no beadlocks over rocks and everything else you can think of without a single issue. But I don’t fully trust people on forums who don’t own Hondas!

I was reading a razr forum about these tires before I bought them and saw similar things. The razr guys have been running them for years. More info there about the LT tires than there is here. I found that as I was deflating the tires, they were starting to flex noticeably as I approached 9 psi. When you start to see the bottom of the tire flex to the ground, you're getting close. It really is a big difference in ride quality.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!