ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Read the instructions from Elka very carefully, the high and low speed adjustments have nothing to do with MPH, has to do with the speed of the shock compression. Ow by the way I have Stage 5's and don't run a sway bar. I've got my slow speed adjustment set a little slow to take the sway out of road riding (YUCK), the high speed adjustments front a little slower, rear about med. Rebound, I like the front faster than the rear, keeps it from bucking. You'll just have to mess with it to get it where you want it. It won't make your UTV into a Sport Machine, but it will make riding more enjoyable. I bumble along at a pretty good rate. Have fun!
I would agree with Smitty, Elkas don't make a sport machine out of a Pioneer but they are a night and day difference from stock.

If you're thinking about offset a-arms and 30" tires you won't regret it.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Uhm, I'm gonna warn you not to look up farkeling.

[I can hear you typing . . . ]
Haha...

Screenshot 20221116 211951

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I've had comparable types of suspensions on cars, but I'm thinking I'll need to rethink my intuitions when trying to sort.. Nice to have this thread to refer back to going forward, so be forewarned. As for the Farkel intrigue, very amusing

Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club from Minnesota, as far as second battery, I just have an AGM Duracell that fit in the spare battery spot. I also have a fair amount of auxillary lighting on my 1k5, as do many other members on here. You'll have no problem finding out what you need/want. Best of luck!

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Curious if anyone has or thought about installing the LED lights in the bed and cab area beneath the front seat which evidently come standard on the Forest edition? Curious if there's and plug in the harness to connect switch and lights? I figure the one in the rear would be nice when working in the rear in the dark and the one up front as well.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Update on build.
I've gotten my first wave of accessories installed. Currently working on a Honda Soft Cab and awaiting the Winch Mount Kit which has been a comedy of errors with regard to the company I purchased from and Honda. Was hoping to have winch and dual battery set-up installed and tidied. Elkas are supposed to ship the 30th

Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Curious if anyone has or thought about installing the LED lights in the bed and cab area beneath the front seat which evidently come standard on the Forest edition? Curious if there's and plug in the harness to connect switch and lights? I figure the one in the rear would be nice when working in the rear in the dark and the one up front as well.

When I did my second battery and accessory lighting installs, I installed led strips on the center overhead roll bar, one facing the front seat and one facing the bed or rear seats if they are flipped up. Wanted to have "dome and cargo" lighting. They are actually super handy. I also put red led strips in the front footwell area and on the diagonal brace bars in front of the rear seats. Sort of like interior lighting. I'll see if I can get some pics here. Cant help with the plug and harness question, mines a 2020....

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I did my second battery and accessory lighting installs, I installed led strips on the center overhead roll bar, one facing the front seat and one facing the bed or rear seats if they are flipped up. Wanted to have "dome and cargo" lighting. They are actually super handy. I also put red led strips in the front footwell area and on the diagonal brace bars in front of the rear seats. Sort of like interior lighting. I'll see if I can get some pics here. Cant help with the plug and harness question, mines a 2020....
I used cheap strip lights from Amazon. They work ok so far. 2strips in front and 2 in rear. These plug into a USB for power and mine is plugged into my amp which is overhead.

IMG 6847

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I used cheap strip lights from Amazon. They work ok so far. 2strips in front and 2 in rear. These plug into a USB for power and mine is plugged into my amp which is overhead.

View attachment 364159
Thanks for sharing. I had read that colored lighting is easier on the eyes while providing illumination. Hmmmm?

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
You have done more already than I will do probably during the entire time I own the thing. Wow. Good for you. I have too many other things already that I am wasting money on extra cars, a boat, a lake house, etc. I have a roof, winch, mud guards, switch panel, backup lights, rear panel, fog lights, upgraded headlights and bluetooth stereo....I think I am done...oh and replaced the tires with Tusks....no need for pics from me, I have posted plenty of them.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
You have done more already than I will do probably during the entire time I own the thing. Wow. Good for you. I have too many other things already that I am wasting money on extra cars, a boat, a lake house, etc. I have a roof, winch, mud guards, switch panel, backup lights, rear panel, fog lights, upgraded headlights and bluetooth stereo....I think I am done...oh and replaced the tires with Tusks....no need for pics from me, I have posted plenty of them.
I completely get that. At the moment I'm contemplating professional help. I've lost my mind, but often do. I researched (thought I had) the machine thoroughly prior to purchase and prefer to fix all of it's shortcomings and enhance its abilities before taking it out into the wild. I sell Deere and Kubota products. Tried a Deere but found reliability to be its down fall along with just about everything else. I've had numerous Kubota Sidekick machines and found them very reliable and capable. Took one to Brimstone 2 years ago and did the Dragon's Back with no issues other than a day of extreme anxiety. Unfortunately none of the companies making aftermarket suspension components other than crappy body lift kits. There's a sizable community running theses machines and a market for said items (Hint Hint). Prior to getting into the sxs world, I had several Land Rover Defender vehicles. The P1K-5 appears to be a miniature version as far as layout, power to weight and capabilities. I'm looking forward to getting mine out and having fun.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I started installing the soft door tops (Honda) Rear Side Panels and rear Panel. I've gotten busy with work and personal obligations which have have kept me from working on with my project. Has anyone installed the front door uppers and had to reshape the aluminum frames to fit? I watched a video on YouTube which made it appear like a walk in a safe park I'm having fit issues. Hopefully I get back on things soon. Elka said shocks are supposed to ship tomorrow. We will see? Lastly, has anyone flashed their machine with a tune? I looked at the COPS Tune and curious about anyone's experience having done so? Not looking for top end, just more low end torque and trans improvements, especially the ability to control down shifts from 3rd down in auto.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Finished Winch install and Dual Battery set-up yesterday afternoon. Still needing to do battery monitor gauge and ordered harness from Forum Store to integrate dash switch for factory winch. Spoke with Elka last Thursday and was led to believe shocks were shipping that day or Friday, yet no notification regarding shipping. Back to fitting front Honda canvas doors. I've been rather disappointed in their fitment and have been adjusting and shortening tubing for proper fit. Thinking of adding Garmin's Power Distribution Module which looks to be similar to Switch Pro without the use of the switch panel needing to be mounted somewhere on the dash. Has anyone installed or have input on doing so? I hope to finish up my initial build within 2 weeks, then looking to explore supplemental lighting front and rear. Would like to install front light bar at roof line and ditch lights using bolt location for front body panel. If someone has a source for mounts for these areas, your input greatly appreciated. Lot's of information on YouTube, but stumbling across ideas seem to be hit and miss.

IMG 2965 IMG 2964 IMG 2963

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!