Multi Just Urban Legend or True?

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
May have posted this somewhere before...
Building a chain restaurant in a busy area. Popular coffee joint next door that shares a drive with the jobsite. It's early and there's a light rain, I'm standing outside the gate with my carpenters shooting the sh**. A car passes through heading to the coffee joint when we hear the noise of something hitting the ground. They had thrown fast food bags and trash out of the window on their way to the drive thru. Keep in mind there are trash cans and dumpsters all over the place. The carpenter foreman looks at me and says 'did they just do what I think they did'? Then looks at one of his guys and says 'I'll give you $20 if you go throw that back in their window', everyone just kinda laughed and I said ' I'll match that $20', the kid took off running! He snatched up the bags, headed to the drive thru window and threw it in the guy's lap telling him 'hey you dropped something back there'. He said it was a middle class white guy wearing nice clothes and that he called him an a**hole when they landed on him. The kid just laughed at him, ran back and collected his $40.
Funny as hell and one of the best 20 spots I've ever spent!

Now that’s classy. I’d give another $20

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Heard a lot of stories over the years that sounded pretty far fetched and left you wondering if they were BS or so crazy that they must be true. Wondering what kind of stupid stories you guys have heard?
I dont think someone could dream that scenario up...lol
Heard the story for years about a brick mason that had filed a workman's comp claim for injuries sustained on the job. He had just finished putting a new brick facade on the face of an old multi story building. After working his way to the top he had brick leftover. There was an old pulley on the bldg that he decided to use as opposed to hand humping all of it down. He tied a rope to a barrel and raised it to the top then tied it off at the ground. After loading the barrel he untied it at the bottom to slowly lower it to the ground.
The barrel weighed much more than he did and he held onto the rope, starting a rapid ascent upward! He met the barrel half way up which caused a head injury and broken collar bone. However, this still didn't knock him off the rope and he ended up with fingers being knuckle deep in the pulley causing more injury. Then the barrel hit the ground and the bottom blew out, now he weighs more than the barrel and starts falling back down. He meets the barrel half way again and it breaks both his ankles but did slow his fall, landing on his back on the pile of brick which broke several vertebrae.
Hitting the ground that hard caused him to let go of the rope so he watched the barrel fall, landing on him and breaking his ribs.
Wile E Coyote sh** right there! Wonder if it really happened?

Reactions: BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!