Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Heard a lot of stories over the years that sounded pretty far fetched and left you wondering if they were BS or so crazy that they must be true. Wondering what kind of stupid stories you guys have heard?

Heard the story for years about a brick mason that had filed a workman's comp claim for injuries sustained on the job. He had just finished putting a new brick facade on the face of an old multi story building. After working his way to the top he had brick leftover. There was an old pulley on the bldg that he decided to use as opposed to hand humping all of it down. He tied a rope to a barrel and raised it to the top then tied it off at the ground. After loading the barrel he untied it at the bottom to slowly lower it to the ground.
The barrel weighed much more than he did and he held onto the rope, starting a rapid ascent upward! He met the barrel half way up which caused a head injury and broken collar bone. However, this still didn't knock him off the rope and he ended up with fingers being knuckle deep in the pulley causing more injury. Then the barrel hit the ground and the bottom blew out, now he weighs more than the barrel and starts falling back down. He meets the barrel half way again and it breaks both his ankles but did slow his fall, landing on his back on the pile of brick which broke several vertebrae.
Hitting the ground that hard caused him to let go of the rope so he watched the barrel fall, landing on him and breaking his ribs.
Wile E Coyote sh** right there! Wonder if it really happened?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Two guys in scuba gear found way deep in the woods burned up, come to find out they were scooped up from hundreds of miles away from a water plane to put out the fire

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
These are great short reads for library, keep em coming!
FYI I got none!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Heard a lot of stories over the years that sounded pretty far fetched and left you wondering if they were BS or so crazy that they must be true. Wondering what kind of stupid stories you guys have heard?

Heard the story for years about a brick mason that had filed a workman's comp claim for injuries sustained on the job. He had just finished putting a new brick facade on the face of an old multi story building. After working his way to the top he had brick leftover. There was an old pulley on the bldg that he decided to use as opposed to hand humping all of it down. He tied a rope to a barrel and raised it to the top then tied it off at the ground. After loading the barrel he untied it at the bottom to slowly lower it to the ground.
The barrel weighed much more than he did and he held onto the rope, starting a rapid ascent upward! He met the barrel half way up which caused a head injury and broken collar bone. However, this still didn't knock him off the rope and he ended up with fingers being knuckle deep in the pulley causing more injury. Then the barrel hit the ground and the bottom blew out, now he weighs more than the barrel and starts falling back down. He meets the barrel half way again and it breaks both his ankles but did slow his fall, landing on his back on the pile of brick which broke several vertebrae.
Hitting the ground that hard caused him to let go of the rope so he watched the barrel fall, landing on him and breaking his ribs.
That sounds like a good tale you’d hear around the construction site.... :D:cool:

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

This is a Blue Grass song, It's on the Funny Stuff CD, it's an Irish tune!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you say “Merman” 3 times @JTW will approach you from behind like Joe Biden.

Joking aside “LORE”, if you’re interested in that type of stuff, is a good podcast for urban legends and folklore. They have it on Amazon Video now too.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
An early winter had the lakes frozen over for a couple of die hard duck hunters. They decided to drive out on the ice and took a stick of dynamite with them to open a hole where the ducks would land. When the hunter lit and threw the stick of dynamite, the dog took off after it like he was playing fetch. The dog picked it up and starting running back to the hunters with it in his mouth. The hunters, scared sh**less, start shooting at the dog to stop him. The dog starts freaking out that they're shooting at him and runs under the truck to hide.
Boom! Everything ends up at the bottom of the lake.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That sounds like a good tale you’d hear around the construction site.... :D:cool:

Yeah, you hear a lot of them on the job site. One funny story that I know to be true...
Old journeyman carpenter is laying out for walls and snapping lines on the slab. They gave him a greenhorn apprentice just to hold the dummy end of the tape and chalk line. Throughout the day they are shooting the breeze and the old guy tells the kid that he's got a tumor on his stomach, lifts his shirt and shows him this big knot on his belly. The kid is inquisitive and asks him a bunch of questions about it. Is it getting bigger, is it cancerous, does it hurt, is it hard like a rock...the old guy tells him to go ahead and touch it. The kid is hesitant and doesn't want to but the old guy insists that he go ahead and give it a poke so the kid does. The old man then proceeds to pull out his waist band and drop his old saggy balls back in his pants. Made him touch it, lol!

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hahaha that’s why I don’t have any. All the ones I hear on the job site are true and I’ve witnessed them so there’s no debate lol. And the young bucks on our job sites are too busy with clapchat and Faceturd that they don’t know how to engage in face to face conversation they just give u the “stare” so your not gona hear any good stories from them either lol.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
A guy was just just outside his house revving his Harley after a little engine work was finished when he accidentally clicked into gear. He broke through the sliding glass door and into the fireplace and broke his leg along with being pretty scratched up. Wife took him to the hospital where they fixed him up.
Got home a few hours later and wife proceeded to clean up the gas and oil with paper towels. Awhile later he sat on the toilet and lit a cigarette to ponder the days mishap when the toilet bowl under his ass exploded into fire. Apparently the wife had thrown in the gas soaked paper towels. She made a call and the ambulance showed up, as they were carrying him on a stretcher down the stairs one paramedic asked what happened. As the wife explained it to him the other carrying him down started to chuckle, one so much he lost his footing and dropped the poor Harley owner and broke his arm.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
A guy was just just outside his house revving his Harley after a little engine work was finished when he accidentally clicked into gear. He broke through the sliding glass door and into the fireplace and broke his leg along with being pretty scratched up. Wife took him to the hospital where they fixed him up.
Got home a few hours later and wife proceeded to clean up the gas and oil with paper towels. Awhile later he sat on the toilet and lit a cigarette to ponder the days mishap when the toilet bowl under his ass exploded into fire. Apparently the wife had thrown in the gas soaked paper towels. She made a call and the ambulance showed up, as they were carrying him on a stretcher down the stairs one paramedic asked what happened. As the wife explained it to him the other carrying him down started to chuckle, one so much he lost his footing and dropped the poor Harley owner and broke his arm.

Is that a personal story CP? :D

J

JTW

If you say “Merman” 3 times @JTW will approach you from behind like Joe Biden.

Joking aside “LORE”, if you’re interested in that type of stuff, is a good podcast for urban legends and folklore. They have it on Amazon Video now too.
8E4E941D EBF3 4DF3 BFB4 A472CF57B350

G3Duck

G3Duck

Jan 29, 2019
Clarksville Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
TRUE STORY.........I was there.
While I was in college, I worked part time at a gas station. This was during the days that an attendant pumped your gas. I worked with a guy in his 70's, Mr Martin.

Hot as he## day during the summer, a smoking hot looking young lady drives up on a Harley. She's got on skin tight leathers that conform to every curve of her body. She's sitting on the bike, holding it up with her feet on about four feet apart. The bike is cooling down and popping and crackling while Mr Martin is pumping gas into the tank. Mr Martin looks at her and said "That thing is pretty hot". The young lady looks at him and said "Old man, if you'd been between my legs for the past two hours, you'd be hot too!". Mr. Martin didn't even hesitate. He said "Lady, if I had as many nuts as that motorcycle, I think I could hang in there."

True story.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
TRUE STORY.........I was there.
While I was in college, I worked part time at a gas station. This was during the days that an attendant pumped your gas. I worked with a guy in his 70's, Mr Martin.

Hot as he## day during the summer, a smoking hot looking young lady drives up on a Harley. She's got on skin tight leathers that conform to every curve of her body. She's sitting on the bike, holding it up with her feet on about four feet apart. The bike is cooling down and popping and crackling while Mr Martin is pumping gas into the tank. Mr Martin looks at her and said "That thing is pretty hot". The young lady looks at him and said "Old man, if you'd been between my legs for the past two hours, you'd be hot too!". Mr. Martin didn't even hesitate. He said "Lady, if I had as many nuts as that motorcycle, I think I could hang in there."

True story.
That's GOOD!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
May have posted this somewhere before...
Building a chain restaurant in a busy area. Popular coffee joint next door that shares a drive with the jobsite. It's early and there's a light rain, I'm standing outside the gate with my carpenters shooting the sh**. A car passes through heading to the coffee joint when we hear the noise of something hitting the ground. They had thrown fast food bags and trash out of the window on their way to the drive thru. Keep in mind there are trash cans and dumpsters all over the place. The carpenter foreman looks at me and says 'did they just do what I think they did'? Then looks at one of his guys and says 'I'll give you $20 if you go throw that back in their window', everyone just kinda laughed and I said ' I'll match that $20', the kid took off running! He snatched up the bags, headed to the drive thru window and threw it in the guy's lap telling him 'hey you dropped something back there'. He said it was a middle class white guy wearing nice clothes and that he called him an a**hole when they landed on him. The kid just laughed at him, ran back and collected his $40.
Funny as hell and one of the best 20 spots I've ever spent!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!