Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
This is driving me crazy...
Anyone else here this.

With the key on. But not running. I have this high pitch sound coming from around the DCT / oil tank.

It's not the fuel pump. I haven't taken it apart yet to find the source.

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
This is the source. Unplug and it goes away.
9772dddf240953ff9d98cf4a545baecc

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That would get annoying especially if you were to want to sit and listen to the radio

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
It is possibly a fuel injection pump? not the in fuel tank pump but the fuel injection pump. My Diesel makes the same noise for bout 15-20 when you turn the key on in anticipation you are starting the engine. Other than that something to do with the DCT transmission.

Reactions: swampsnake
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
that sound is why I wired my stereo off the battery... so I don't have to have the key on and hear that sound and know that something else is pulling battery power. Once I replicate Jackal's dual battery isolator system, I won't have to worry about being stranded with a dead battery either!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jack39

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 12, 2015
Wareham, MA (near cape cod)
Has anyone figured out the source of the sound? It's definitely engine related, put the soft cab and windshield on, it's really loud now. Not as loud as the Teryx I traded on my P1k/3, but still aggravating.

Bscollins76

Bscollins76

Aug 20, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X
Has anyone figured out the source of the sound? It's definitely engine related, put the soft cab and windshield on, it's really loud now. Not as loud as the Teryx I traded on my P1k/3, but still aggravating.
I know it has been a while, but were you ever able to find the source of this sound

Reactions: Lady01
Bscollins76

Bscollins76

Aug 20, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X
This is the source. Unplug and it goes away.
View attachment 35718
I was searching for answers to what i think is a similar issue with my talon and came across this post. I see that you found the source of your sound. Since the the talon and pioneer share a lot, i thought it may get me some answers. What is that in the picture that you unplugged? Were you able to get rid of the noise permanatly?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!