BOX1

P1000 Key On Power, Illumination, and backup source! - 2016 through 2021 Honda Pioneer 1000 Only

daryladams

daryladams

Jul 20, 2018
Nashoba, OK
Ownership

1. 700-2
According to Honda Accessory Instructions. Here is the recommended location for Key On Power for the Honda Pioneer 1000 Side by Side!

Honda suggest tapping the 15A Acc Fuse on the output side. Here you will find 2 WHITE with a BLACK STRIPE wires coming out of the output side of the fuse. You will need to untape the wire bunch to access them. It is recommended that you use a posi-tap (not shown) vs the wire tap-ins (shown) for a better error free connection.

View attachment 8398 View attachment 8399 View attachment 8400
worked perfectly. thanks for the great detail.

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you for that information. I hope those watching in Electrical help see it.
I need all the help I can regarding accessory installation. DO we have a section of the forum specifically designed for Electrical and Accessory Installation??

F

FelesRex

Aug 13, 2019
Lino Lakes MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know where to tap into for light on power on a 2020 Limited Edition? The photos and instructions say it doesn't apply to LE models. Trying to finish wiring up the backlight on my switches. Thanks

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know where to tap into for light on power on a 2020 Limited Edition? The photos and instructions say it doesn't apply to LE models. Trying to finish wiring up the backlight on my switches. Thanks
You are probably elbow deep in your wiring project. But consider using this for key on power.

Reactions: TripleB
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Are you trying to get the lights on switches to come on with the key or just when the headlights are turned on. If you just want key on then the plug and play from the club store is the way to go. The other will require more work.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For LE models. There is a Diode in the fuse box.
It has a white/black wire. a brown wire. and a Blue wire.
The brown wire is what you need to tap. This is the tail light power wire.
When headlights are on. High OR Low. the brown wire has power.
It would be fine to power switch backlighting.
Any other other uses you should use a relay.

Paul_H_L11

Paul_H_L11

Supporting Member
Jan 28, 2021
Covington, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
According to Honda Accessory Instructions. Here is the recommended location for Key On Power for the Honda Pioneer 1000 Side by Side!

Honda suggest tapping the 15A Acc Fuse on the output side. Here you will find 2 WHITE with a BLACK STRIPE wires coming out of the output side of the fuse. You will need to untape the wire bunch to access them. It is recommended that you use a posi-tap (not shown) vs the wire tap-ins (shown) for a better error free connection.

View attachment 8398 View attachment 8399 View attachment 8400
Just a friendly suggestion; those Scotch-Lok taps like the blue one you have in the picture are a very quick easy "stereo shop" way to tap into a circuit. But.... electricity in the presence of moisture causes corrosion. It will work when you first make the connection, but it will almost certainly fail. That is why all OEM plugs are sealed from moisture.

Reactions: ChadD
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was going to tap into the switched negative for the back up lights, which are mounted high, but then thought about it a bit more. I want the lights for backing up after dark, which won't happen very often, so I don't mind flipping a switch. I also want the lights for camping or work lights, so want to be able to use them key off. Finally decided to "go simple", lighted dash rocker from my aux battery "always on" buss, no need to use the switched negative. Wire run was simple too, up the right front roll bar (with the roof led bar wiring run), then to the rear on the top of the roll bar.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm new here so hello everyone! I just wanted to say thank you to all the contributors, the info here is priceless thanks again!!!
Well welcome!! I agree with you completely. I've gotten a ton of great ideas here. Hopefully I've shared a couple too. :)

Reactions: JenElio
Bama-Daniel

Bama-Daniel

Lifetime Member
Feb 25, 2021
Priceville, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm new here so hello everyone! I just wanted to say thank you to all the contributors, the info here is priceless thanks again!!!
Not sure if you did an introduction or not but its a good way to meet people and see where ever is from.

Reactions: JenElio
H

HarrisJoeHarris

Oct 30, 2019
Radcliff, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Okay so say one gets the lights hooked up and they work in reverse several times and then they quit what is the fuse for that ?

Reactions: Smitty335
H

HarrisJoeHarris

Oct 30, 2019
Radcliff, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK I have checked all the fuses and they're all good I was wondering if there was some somewhere else. But I think I found the problem it was in the wiring I guess one of the terminals came looseI checked all the wiring and found that and they're working now. Thank you for the help.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@Hondasxs . The three aux switches on 22 deluxe. Where is the termination end on those 3 ? It looks like they go under the front plastic, Do they double back and end in the big blue ball of tape Near the fuse panel?

Reactions: Smitty335
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!