P700m4 KFI Winch Kit Reviews?

JaLerz

JaLerz

Dec 1, 2018
NorCal
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am adding mods left and right for my rig but I haven't seen any long term reviews on the KFI 4500 winch and/or kit. Amazon only had one review.

Seems to be a nice setup but I was wondering if anyone with some man hours with this winch had some reviews on its performance and quality? Ease of installation?

I ordered the accessory harness already (thanks to hondasxs.com!)

Thanks guys

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I have owned two different KFI winches and found them to perform as expected and would not hesitate to purchase another one again...

JaLerz

JaLerz

Dec 1, 2018
NorCal
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have owned two different KFI winches and found them to perform as expected and would not hesitate to purchase another one again...

Thank you. That's the kinda thing I want to know. I'll be using it to move some logs around the property.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Thank you. That's the kinda thing I want to know. I'll be using it to move some logs around the property.
Curious, you considering cable or rope?

JaLerz

JaLerz

Dec 1, 2018
NorCal
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm gonna do cable. I will use it to pull logs and maybe hoist deer and bear. It will definitely get some abrasion. I've never had synthetic but it seems like the way I would be using it, it would last very long.

Thought?

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I'm gonna do cable. I will use it to pull logs and maybe hoist deer and bear. It will definitely get some abrasion. I've never had synthetic but it seems like the way I would be using it, it would last very long. Thought?

Agreed, you will get more life out of the cable vs. rope given such an abrasive task. With that said, I would monitor the cable routinely, because you certainly don't want it snapping underload and I would consider a safety blanket tossed over it. Also, I would give some thought now how you plan to pull weight against the UTV, i.e. are you going to chain the UTV off to a tree via rear hitch or stand on the brake using brake only and may be some reverse or let the front bumper rest against a tree?

JaLerz

JaLerz

Dec 1, 2018
NorCal
Ownership

1. 700-4
Remember that one time when you thought you could install a winch on your Pioneer in an hour or so?

Man, that sucked. Took way longer than I thought it would but it sure is a sweet product when it was done.

My only problem with the KFI winch so far was that the instructions were absolutely atrocious. Customer service was helpful but with such an easy product, the instructions should be way more helpful then they were l.

I haven't got to actually test the operations of the KFI 4500lb winch yet because my wiring sub harness is late but the quality of the product seems to be great. Everything fits great and is installed perfect but I haven't hooked it up to power yet.

I installed the winch just below my light bar on my front bumper and I must say, it looks awesome and it should perform perfectly.

I have attached some pictures of the winch, the controls and the switches. 20181211 111846 20181211 111906 20181211 111851 20181211 111846

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!