Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Maybe I'm off base here...but the world was waiting on a Japanese RZR. Yamaha took a stab, then the one everyone was hoping for (Honda) dropped a machine. The problem is that many the RZR owners wanting to cross over really do prefer a CVT, and I think both the yam and Honda are just enough unlike Polaris or can am to put those groups off a bit.
I really can't help but think Kawasaki stole the thunder here. It doesn't make 200hp (not that I care), but outside if that, the thing is just badass.
I don't really want a pure sport machine, but if I did, I'd have a hard time choosing the talon over the KRX.
EXACTLY!

Reactions: Biteme and DG Rider
J

JTW

Maybe I'm off base here...but the world was waiting on a Japanese RZR. Yamaha took a stab, then the one everyone was hoping for (Honda) dropped a machine. The problem is that many the RZR owners wanting to cross over really do prefer a CVT, and I think both the yam and Honda are just enough unlike Polaris or can am to put those groups off a bit.
I really can't help but think Kawasaki stole the thunder here. It doesn't make 200hp (not that I care), but outside if that, the thing is just badass.
I don't really want a pure sport machine, but if I did, I'd have a hard time choosing the talon over the KRX.
100%!!
As much as we bash belt driven machines... a DCT is worthless with big tires as the all knowing Honda doesn’t seem to think we need lower gears to put bigger tires on it. A cvt sure makes upgrading tire size a lot easier.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
100%!!
As much as we bash belt driven machines... a DCT is worthless with big tires as the all knowing Honda doesn’t seem to think we need lower gears to put bigger tires on it. A cvt sure makes upgrading tire size a lot easier.
100% agree. I just had this discussion yesterday with a buddy of mine who’s looking to buy a pioneer 1000-5.

J

JTW

100% agree. I just had this discussion yesterday with a buddy of mine who’s looking to buy a pioneer 1000-5.
And the b**** of it is the money it takes to get a Honda to do the things we do. It’s bulls*** really. It would cost Honda little to nothing to make a machine with standard options so we weren’t nickel and dimed to death after purchase.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I believe the KRX clutching is very similar to the Yamaha CVT with a centrifugal wet clutch. If it is then it is the best clutch design out there. Much different than the popo or canned ham clutching.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I haven’t noticed much issue with reverse power but I’m not running 35s. I know they have an unlock for ecu and some clutching modifications to make it a bit stouter though.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I haven’t heard of a reverse issue... care to explain?
Really not sure JTW but I think gear ratio is possibly to high. From what I've read it needs a bit more reverse low-end. Not sure how JBS has achieved this. I do know the dude knows CVT clutching. I've put his sheaves and kits in both my Yamahas. Almost never use low gear after installing his kits. Much more low end. Also slugged my wet clutch.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
And the b**** of it is the money it takes to get a Honda to do the things we do. It’s bulls*** really. It would cost Honda little to nothing to make a machine with standard options so we weren’t nickel and dimed to death after purchase.
Yea! But Jackson doesn't make a turbo for the KRX, I would rather buy a Talon with a turbo and spend $ 10,000.00 more for something I have no use for! HA! You can have the dunes, I'll takes rocks, trees and mountains where you just need a reliable/sturdy machine!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I get that but most anything with a CVT at some point will require different clutching with bigger tires. No sprockets to change.😏
It comes with 30's perfect?

Reactions: Biteme
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Now that @Kilo427 has done the deed... let’s discuss. I know there are many of us looking to make the same move.

View attachment 202033

@nbomar @Ragnar406 @Cuoutdoors @GlockMeister @Landman
Wasn't it some of you SUCK ASS MULES that gave me a hard time for saying I liked the other new Green machine, before Bass Pro took them over? And where's all the ridicule for @JTW. HA! Think the Wild Cat still has the Talon beat, but I won't have any thing with Johnny Morris's name on it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Biteme
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea! But Jackson doesn't make a turbo for the KRX, I would rather buy a Talon with a turbo and spend $ 10,000.00 more for something I have no use for! HA! You can have the dunes, I'll takes rocks, trees and mountains where you just need a reliable/sturdy machine!
Actually i think they do.....not for sure on if its Jackson...but there is a turbo kit out for it.