Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Me too.. the point of this thread was to ask questions and get input before purchase. But I honestly expect many of us will go this route. It just checks sooo many boxes. And as those of us that overland know. It’s nice to have the same machines!
If the clutch is like Yamahas and I think it maybe then it is what I would want. Totally different than the others.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
It’s geared right and has waaaay more get up and go than the pioneer. So, no. It’s not a turbo machine. But it’s really really good.
Did you get to drive Kilo's ?

Reactions: Smitty335
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder about the storage space and leg room. I bought the 1000-5 over the talon because of the lack of space and especially the leg room. When I'm alone in the backcountry, I take all the extra crap I need in case of emergencies, etc and I got this long ass leg thing going on.

Reactions: J80 and Smitty335
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Oh yeah.. it’s good s***!! Running the pioneer in the same places as the krx to compare and it was night and day
It's not really a fair comparison, but you know that. I'd really like to see a Talon/KRX comparison through where we like to ride. Now that @Kilo427 has one we'll get some real life testing. Looking forward to it!

J

JTW

It's not really a fair comparison, but you know that. I'd really like to see a Talon/KRX comparison through where we like to ride. Now that @Kilo427 has one we'll get some real life testing. Looking forward to it!
Yes... but with 10k extra into the pioneer you’d think it would be better than it is. The krx is just a very very good machine in a stock form for our type of riding

J

JTW

I wonder about the storage space and leg room. I bought the 1000-5 over the talon because of the lack of space and especially the leg room. When I'm alone in the backcountry, I take all the extra crap I need in case of emergencies, etc and I got this long ass leg thing going on.
It’s really quite good.. I would venture to say.. more comfortable than the pioneer.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For me Cabin comfort is best with the Yami. The seats tilted too far back sounds like heaven to me.
The Talon isn't even a consideration with the lack of room for folks taller than 6 ft and I'll have to test drive the KRX VS the YXZ to determine the best ride for me. Do you guys think the KRX is better than the YXZ and why?

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
For me Cabin comfort is best with the Yami. The seats tilted too far back sounds like heaven to me.
The Talon isn't even a consideration with the lack of room for folks taller than 6 ft and I'll have to test drive the KRX VS the YXZ to determine the best ride for me. Do you guys think the KRX is better than the YXZ and why?
I'm a Yamaha guy but the more I look at how I ride the KRX makes more sense to me. The YXZ very little storage with the radiator now in the rear. I'm still skeptical about its 1st and 2nd gear gearing. That being said it seems to be very sporty and a fun machine to drive. The KRX with the Yamaha style CVT is a huge plus. Electronically diff engagement is what I currently have and has never failed me. Like JTW said it checks all the boxes.

Wait......... did I just agree with JTW ?