Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The only fault I find in the krx is the width at 68 as todd said it can keep you out of a lot of places I believe 65" is a rule in all but a few states. How about the steel firewall? Best idea on a stock machine I've seen.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Interesting to hear them say the Talon has the loudest cab... I was not able to say which one would be louder but I was suprised the KRX was not louder - granted Kilo's did not have a roof too

Talon seems fun to run at desert speeds (R) or on smooth trails (x) the KRX is not winning any land speed records but seeps to be built for East coast trails where you are doing some climbing, some rocks and some rough trail riding where speed is not the main factor
That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the initial reviews.

Reactions: Smitty335 and BWAF
J

JTW

The only fault I find in the krx is the width at 68 as todd said it can keep you out of a lot of places I believe 65" is a rule in all but a few states. How about the steel firewall? Best idea on a stock machine I've seen.
But so are our pioneers now... granted I know what you’re saying in regards to your state and the issue jason has had. But really... 68” isn’t too big for anything we ride

Reactions: Smitty335
J

JTW

Well we cant bash the pioneer too bad. We go anywhere those built up razrs go and with most of their mods putting them ahead of a factory krx. The place where the krx should have a big edge on pioneer or other 2 seats is that its 12' long and the tires stick out front and backward. It's a factory crawler with everything we will ever need either already on it or available through the dealer
Uhhhh, I wouldn't say we go anywhere the built rzrs go. That’s like an Amish guy saying he goes anywhere somebody in a raptor goes.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
$10k in after the fact, but you fit the family in it and took it where the KRX went. It might not be as comfortable or capable as a sport machine but there's nothing else that will haul all your s*** in the footprint the P1k has. I really like the KRX, but comparing it to our Pioneers isn't exactly apples to apples.
Adam you’re absolutely right, the pioneer is the best of both worlds. Theres not a better sport/utility machine out there.

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’d also buy a Honda Pioneer 1000-5 SE (sport edition) but until then I’m doing what I can to make my own

C09DECBE 1740 4069 B67D 167E211DCAD6

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Uhhhh, I wouldn't say we go anywhere the built rzrs go. That’s like an Amish guy saying he goes anywhere somebody in a raptor goes.
All depends on where and how you ride. Over here built RZR’ will not follow a stock Pioneer. Go 100 miles from here to the dunes it’s a different story

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not true... they’ll do it. But the drivers are just smarter than that.
They can’t fit without breaking. Also have issues getting between two trees and getting stuck. Skinny roofs hurt bad too. Guys have tried and we constantly wait, but that’s on the skinnier ones.

Reactions: Smitty335
GreenTX1000R

GreenTX1000R

May 10, 2020
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Adam you’re absolutely right, the pioneer is the best of both worlds. Theres not a better sport/utility machine out there.

I agree completely I recently did a very long back to back test drive on both machines on the same day. And yes the KRX is well built & roomy and all and I am sure it would excel in rock crawling but its loud and slow and leans in the corners due to weight if it had a Turbo it might be different. Then I test drove a Talon 1000R and while not as roomy in the car its not bad but WOW that transmission is AMAZING felt like a baby GTR tossable well built aggressive and just plain fun best N/A SXS for now loved it looking at purchasing one soon.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Boy with the luck we’ve had with the Wolverine and as much as we like it that my become a solid option!
Exactly. They should have kept the OG Wolverine and added a couple more inches of travel and put the 850 in it. I hope the new machine is more like the OG Wolverine than the X2.

advertisement