KRX discussion thread!

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s where Im at as well.So u guys beat the s*** out of that thing.As only u two can do and let us know.
When it comes to rock crawling in Moab,it amazes me how much h better the longer machines do as in the four seaters.Turbo talon live x 4 on 32’s that’s what I’m thinking.A lot more money though.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
When it comes to rock crawling in Moab,it amazes me how much h better the longer machines do as in the four seaters.Turbo talon live x 4 on 32’s that’s what I’m thinking.A lot more money though.
Length matters! Just ask @JTW

J

JTW

You can not compare a KRX to a pioneer.You can compare it to a talon.
That’s true to some degree... but the comparison is less about the machine and more about the type of riding. People keep saying you take your pioneer everywhere the krx will go.... yeah, we do. But I’m getting tired of turning wrenches after every ride. Anyone that hasn’t done that yet, either hasn’t ridden where we do or hasn’t done it as long as we have. For about the same money as the stock deluxe pioneer you can be in a krx. And again... 10k into the pioneer and it’s still not the machine the krx is for what we do. Something more suited for the type of riding we like would be a nice little change. I just really really wish it had a flip up rear seat. Compare the krx to the pioneer 3 seat version and tell me how a pioneer out performs it for trial riding? As for the talon comparison... yes I agree it’s a better suited machine to compare to but it still doesn’t compare. Honda forces you to out sooo much money into their product lines after purchase to make them trail ready.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Lol.. if it turns out to be a turd I’ll be the first to acknowledge that. But I just really think it’s going to do well and hold up.
I honestly think it’ll be a nice rig and do believe it’ll hold up good. Again it would be a contender for me (really the only other one at this point) if it weren’t such a damn behemoth. I like the standard equipment, setup for what it’s designed for and It’s initial ruggedness.
They really paid attention to what some wanted, not what the white shirts assumed was good on paper and engineers thought people needed.

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Kawasaki has these $2000 discount ads out now too.....

Screenshot 20200512 221632 Facebook

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
s*** now even @JACKAL is interested. @Hondasxs needs to buy rights to Kawasakisxs.com too for the trifecta.

Nah not interested in buying one but interested in hearing about it, in trails etc. Just trying to be part of a productive discussion that doesn't involve whatever took over the PUB section.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Nah not interested in buying one but interested in hearing about it, in trails etc. Just trying to be part of a productive discussion that doesn't involve whatever took over the PUB section.
It's called the PUB for a reason.

Reactions: Smitty335
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I like it but my Talon is so good. I'm going to turn 14,000 miles tomorrow and nothing broke. I think the weight hurt the KRX sales. The belt drive should be very good but maintenance every 100 hours or 1,200 miles is a deal breaker for me. Its way better then a RZR belt drive. I like the hand brake, tires, and wheels, etc. I had 2 Teryx models and put on around 22,000 miles without any failures but the belt change was a real PITA. There should be 2 new 1,000 cc Yamahas in June.

advertisement