1. 1000-5
3140FD39 F798 41AC 8014 EC3A054123C9

@Ragnar406

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I wouldn't wish that job on anyone. I've worked on several when we had the old Kawasaki shop.
They KRX does appear to be a bit better thought out service-wise, but I'm with you on Kawis in general. At the shop I always called them "the Japanese Canned Ham". Everything you do is like peeling an onion.

H

HondaTech

They KRX does appear to be a bit better thought out service-wise, but I'm with you on Kawis in general. At the shop I always called them "the Japanese Canned Ham". Everything you do is like peeling an onion.

The few I had to service or perorm major repairs on would ruin a whole day.

I refuse to ever put another u-joint in the rear end of a 610 mule ever again. What a nightmare. They also rip the tip of the trans select lever off inside the trans.

The Teryx will blow the whole gear stack up and cause it to have reverse only. They have a bushing on 1 side of the crank that if its damaged will kill oil flow to the front head and melt the camshafts. Their a-arm bushings are junk. The battery is in a s*** location. God forbid you have to change a belt on a 4 seater.

I've got a whole list.

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

I refuse to ever put another u-joint in the rear end of a 610 mule ever again. What a nightmare. They also rip the tip of the trans select lever off inside the trans.

The Teryx will blow the whole gear stack up and cause it to have reverse only. They have a bushing on 1 side of the crank that if its damaged will kill oil flow to the front head and melt the camshafts. Their a-arm bushings are junk. The battery is in a s*** location. God forbid you have to change a belt on a 4 seater.

I've got a whole list.

Been there, done that!

J

JTW

I've got a whole list.
Annnnd Honda doesn’t have its crap designs?? Pffft... we all know that’s a load of s***.

The thing is... I’ve got 1300 hard miles in under six months with 35’s on it. And not one single issue. That might all change tomorrow... but I dare say there’s nothing out there that would do better!!

advertisement
bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In the last couple of weeks I've used my p1000 to pull fence post, haul paving stones, took me and son squirrel hunting. Pulled a old Suzuki Vinson out of the field and pulled it home. ran my feeders with 100 lbs of feed in the bed, done two 60 mile rides with 3 kids .hauled 2 deer off the mountain. Ran my neighbors feeders with 350lbs of feed in the bed his teryx had broke a axle. Not sure why he didn't ask his son in-law, ohh I remember his krx has been at the dealer for last 2 months. Hauled a woodstove, ohh and my wife used it earlier to deliver some turkey and pumpkin pie to the elderly ladies up on the hill. Do that on your krx lol ! Maybe u can deliver the cool whip lmao.

J

JTW

In the last couple of weeks I've used my p1000 to pull fence post, haul paving stones, took me and son squirrel hunting. Pulled a old Suzuki Vinson out of the field and pulled it home. ran my feeders with 100 lbs of feed in the bed, done two 60 mile rides with 3 kids .hauled 2 deer off the mountain. Ran my neighbors feeders with 350lbs of feed in the bed his teryx had broke a axle. Not sure why he didn't ask his son in-law, ohh I remember his krx has been at the dealer for last 2 months. Hauled a woodstove, ohh and my wife used it earlier to deliver some turkey and pumpkin pie to the elderly ladies up on the hill. Do that on your krx lol ! Maybe u can deliver the cool whip lmao.
Why was it “supposedly” in the shop? There’s genuinely not one thing you’ve said that can’t be accomplished by the Kawi. I find it funny how clueless some folks are. Come ride with us and you’ll understand.

Reactions: Mudwing
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool, still 2 different machines for different purposes. Sounds like you have the right machine for you. All the people talking about the KRX on here have a Honda 1000 too

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I have a pioneer for that but... the krx will do any of that outside of more than 2 people and at 60 mph comfortably lol. My Talon/pioneer taloneer might still outrun it lol.

20200222 144342

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Giphy

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have a pioneer for that but... the krx will do any of that outside of more than 2 people and at 60 mph comfortably lol. My Talon/pioneer taloneer might still outrun it lol.

View attachment 237831
And you bring a courtesy fire extinguisher for popo’s😊

advertisement