Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Same thing I was thinking. What the eff you doing over there @snuffnwhisky?? You should be about done with that bottle by now and have that thing together!

View attachment 299992
I'm like a drunk cat with someone with a laser pointer. Got to many projects to do to it haha.

T

TittiesAndBeer

Mar 3, 2021
South of hooker
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Ok.. so a quick update on miles and issues. (This is JTW for you queers that don’t know)

I had a lot of comments about the “rubber band machine” and “wait until you get some miles on that KRX, and tell us how good it is”.
So... here I am telling all.

3000 miles now in a year and a half and I haven’t had to do anything up until this point. I’ve honestly been tickled with it.

*Bushings were just replaced with Garage products $170
*inner tie rods were shot which caused some bushing wear in the rack (the stock boots allow water intrusion wearing the inner ball) $40
*steering rack has taken a beating with the 35’s and it’s still pushing on, however I’m replacing bushings and doing a rebuild kit in it $130 (kit comes with better softer boots, I would suggest this from new)
*Couple flat tires
*Finally broke the drive shaft.. I was honestly expecting that long before now. Kilo had a spare from his machine.
*The aftermarket dalton clutch weights are junk. Like seriously not impressed at all with them. Don’t buy them!!
*slight oil seep around the shift-linkage (needs a new o-ring I’m guessing)

Outside of the hand full of items above, I don’t think I’m missing anything. Changed plugs and oils a few times... other than that she’s been really good to me for what I’ve put her through. I’ve had ZERO issues with the belt. Low is amazing in these things. Waiting for the updated clutch from Kawi to address the weight grooving issue. I’m told it’s in the works and should be soon. I had 2000+ miles on the stock weights and decided to go with the daltons as a “preventative” measure and that was a bad choice as they grooved in less than 1000. Poor metallurgy is my theory.

So, that about sums it up. I haven’t had to wrench at all on it up until recently. It’s been amazing just riding and washing it. I’ve added and changed a few accessories and setups. I’m now running headsets which was absolutely amazing in Moab this trip. I’m still glad I considered a KRX! It’s really been nothing short of awesome and I’ve had more fun in it. The ride is fantastic and if you’re looking for a 2 seat machine... this thing should be at the very top of your list!
CA8DB519 FDC6 4BC2 B24E B5DDE86EB3F5

Last edited:
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok.. so a quick update on miles and issues. (This is JTW for you queers that don’t know)

I had a lot of comments about the “rubber band machine” and “wait until you get some miles on that KRX, and tell us how good it is”.

3000 miles now in a year and a half and I haven’t had to do anything up until this point. I’ve honestly been tickled with it.

*inner tie rods were shot which caused some bushing wear in the rack (the stock boots allow water intrusion wearing the inner ball) $40
*steering rack has taken a beating with the 35’s and it’s still pushing on, however I’m replacing bushings and doing a rebuild kit in it $130 (kit comes with better softer boots, I would suggest this from new)
*Couple flat tires
*Finally broke the drive shaft.. I was honestly expecting that long before now. Kilo had a spare from his machine.
*The aftermarket dalton clutch weights are junk. Like seriously not impressed at all with them. Don’t buy them!!

Outside of the hand full of items above, I don’t think I’m missing anything. Changed plugs and oils a few times... other than that she’s been really good to me for what I’ve put her through. I’ve had ZERO issues with the belt. Low is amazing in these things. Waiting for the updated clutch from Kawi to address the weight grooving issue. I’m told it’s in the works and should be soon. I had 2000+ miles on the stock weights and decided to go with the daltons as a “preventative” measure and that was a bad choice as they grooved in less than 1000. Poor metallurgy is my theory.

So, that about sums it up. I haven’t had to wrench at all on it up until recently. It’s been amazing just riding and washing it. I’ve added and changed a few accessories and setups. I’m now running headsets which was absolutely amazing in Moab this trip. I’m still glad I considered a KRX! It’s really been nothing short of awesome and I’ve had more fun in it. The ride is fantastic and if you’re looking for a 2 seat machine... this thing should be at the very top of your list! View attachment 302446
Is it true that you have to start drinking white claw, have homosexual encounters and stop hanging out on the HondaSxS forum to be a KRX owner? I don’t want to do any of those things.

I’m glad you’re happy with it. If a two seat trail only machine was in my plans the KRX would be in the running for me. It isn’t bulletproof as TripleB has had plenty of trouble with his. The Talon owners have reported their fair share of dissatisfaction and additional investment too.

If the da’s running the country have their way the used market is going to be flooded with toys while the MFG’s are all still struggling to get machines to dealers.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

*Couple flat tires

So, that about sums it up. I haven’t had to wrench at all on it up until recently. It’s been amazing just riding and washing it. I’ve added and changed a few accessories and setups. I’m now running headsets which was absolutely amazing in Moab this trip. I’m still glad I considered a KRX! It’s really been nothing short of awesome and I’ve had more fun in it. The ride is fantastic and if you’re looking for a 2 seat machine... this thing should be at the very top of your list! View attachment 302446
Rode a couple days at Mill Creek recently, Blue loop and Cass Hollow, they have changed up the Blue Loop a little, Cass was rough and technical, saw a bunch of KRX's and I talked to several owners, most of them were running 35's, all of them were pleased with there machines. The IWD killed Honda as far as riders who like it rough and technical. I was one of three P-1's without and I was the only one that never pulled a winch or stacked rocks, enough of beating the dead horse! Enjoy your machine and keep the updates coming.

T

TittiesAndBeer

Mar 3, 2021
South of hooker
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Is it true that you have to start drinking white claw, have homosexual encounters and stop hanging out on the HondaSxS forum to be a KRX owner? I don’t want to do any of those things.

I’m glad you’re happy with it. If a two seat trail only machine was in my plans the KRX would be in the running for me. It isn’t bulletproof as TripleB has had plenty of trouble with his. The Talon owners have reported their fair share of dissatisfaction and additional investment too.

If the da’s running the country have their way the used market is going to be flooded with toys while the MFG’s are all still struggling to get machines to dealers.
Yes, that’s all true..

Yeah, TB has had a time with his. He’s had more issues than the rest of us put together. It’s odd.

I agree.. toy deals are coming!

T

TittiesAndBeer

Mar 3, 2021
South of hooker
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Rode a couple days at Mill Creek recently, Blue loop and Cass Hollow, they have changed up the Blue Loop a little, Cass was rough and technical, saw a bunch of KRX's and I talked to several owners, most of them were running 35's, all of them were pleased with there machines. The IWD killed Honda as far as riders who like it rough and technical. I was one of three P-1's without and I was the only one that never pulled a winch or stacked rocks, enough of beating the dead horse! Enjoy your machine and keep the updates coming.
You’re correct! The I4WD really killed it for us.. and now knowing what we do about the ride and suspension, diff lock, heavy build and a true low.. it’s going to be tough to have anything without!