Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So why so much hate... after living my life I have no room for all this hate in the world. Especially over something as silly as an atv!
Hate is a strong word .. what state do you live in? Reason I ask is some states have limits to the width of the machine that can ride on the trails. From where you want to ride I would consider a P500 so that you can take advantage of those 50” trails

G

GuyOnABuffalo

Hate is a strong word .. what state do you live in? Reason I ask is some states have limits to the width of the machine that can ride on the trails. From where you want to ride I would consider a P500 so that you can take advantage of those 50” trails
I’m in the plains of central Indiana..

Sir, I’ve known a lot of hate growing up the way I did. I just have no room for it in my life now.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So why so much hate... after living my life I have no room for all this hate in the world. Especially over something as silly as an atv!
True but this is over a SXS. All bets off at this point.

Last edited:
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
To be clear I don’t have any animosity against a KRX, I’d drive the wheels of one if it were given to me.

My P1k5 just covers too many bases to consider anything else.

Oh it wouldn't bother me if you did. Unlike others, my happiness is not affected by what people think of the toys I have.

to be continued.... LOL I'll have to remember that

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh it wouldn't bother me if you did. Unlike others, my happiness is not affected by what people think of the toys I have.

to be continued.... LOL I'll have to remember that
Amen

Reactions: Smitty335
SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Would the KRX guys know anything about the rear axle coming out of the transaxle and if it is a common problem? My buddy has one and a few weeks back while doing some normal trail riding his passenger axle came out and wedged against the trans case. I went and towed him to my place as I live a couple miles closer to the trail head. We took it apart and the ring that fits in the groove at the axle end was still there and didn’t appear to be damaged. We put it back together and he headed home. He lives about 2 miles from me and on his way home the driver side came out. He said he was driving along going straight on pavement at 30 mph and it made a loud bang. We checked the transaxle and motor mounts and everything was tight. We couldn’t find anything wrong and the suspension wasn’t being maxed out or anything where it would allow the axle to be at full extension. It’s been in the shop for a few weeks now. Kawi is fixing it under warranty but they aren’t telling him anything. Not digging on the KRX, has anyone heard of this?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Would the KRX guys know anything about the rear axle coming out of the transaxle and if it is a common problem? My buddy has one and a few weeks back while doing some normal trail riding his passenger axle came out and wedged against the trans case. I went and towed him to my place as I live a couple miles closer to the trail head. We took it apart and the ring that fits in the groove at the axle end was still there and didn’t appear to be damaged. We put it back together and he headed home. He lives about 2 miles from me and on his way home the driver side came out. He said he was driving along going straight on pavement at 30 mph and it made a loud bang. We checked the transaxle and motor mounts and everything was tight. We couldn’t find anything wrong and the suspension wasn’t being maxed out or anything where it would allow the axle to be at full extension. It’s been in the shop for a few weeks now. Kawi is fixing it under warranty but they aren’t telling him anything. Not digging on the KRX, has anyone heard of this?
Yea I heard of it happening on the first year out. I dont remember what the cause was, I think an assembly issue..... but it was resolved for the second year.
@Ragnar406 may know

G

GuyOnABuffalo

So I’ve read that JTW guy say it was like cuoutdoors said. It was an assembly issue on early machines and and was either a lock ring problem on the axles splines that go into the diff or they just weren’t getting them seated right. He said he’d replace the cv joint lock ring, seat the axle good and ride, as long as the splines on the axle and in the diff weren’t chewed up. Kawi has been taking care of it ASAP under warranty. Odd that it happened now and not a while ago.