BOX1

KRX discussion thread!

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HA! I think Kawasaki hit a home run for woods and rock crawler riders! It's not a Dune machine for sure. And it doesn't replace the versatility of the P1-5, so now I have to figure out to convince my wife we need both? HA!
Get both is truly the only way to experience true UTV nirvana. This message is totally approved by my wife.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was hoping a KRX owner or someone with actual experience with the KRX or this issue would reply. Driving on flat ground shouldn't unseat an axle seated 2+ inches even if it had no retaining clip. I’ve seen this machine jumped and driven hard with full up and down suspension travel with no issues. Then twice in one day when driving casually. Not buying it.
I know their Have been replies since you left this message , do you know what year your buddies was? Like the others said there was an issue with the clips when they first came out. I believe they did a update or check to anyone’s KRX who had it in

Reactions: Smitty335
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
McGrath qualified 47th for KOH today with the KRX. Ahead of both factory Talons.

Yea it was neat to watch. His time was 2:05 and there were a ton of guys in the 2:00- 2:10 window. Not many below the 2 minute mark and a few in the 1:40's. Any time under 1:50 is really hauling a$$! I'm curious out of the top 50 how many are Turbo machines. There were a couple Turbo YXZ's that rolled in at 1:47 and 1:50! They were fast!

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yea it was neat to watch. His time was 2:05 and there were a ton of guys in the 2:00- 2:10 window. Not many below the 2 minute mark and a few in the 1:40's. Any time under 1:50 is really hauling a$$! I'm curious out of the top 50 how many are Turbo machines. There were a couple Turbo YXZ's that rolled in at 1:47 and 1:50! They were fast!
The YXZ's were stretched, and didn't even have OEM rear suspension pickup points. They were converted to trailing arms.

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I know their Have been replies since you left this message , do you know what year your buddies was? Like the others said there was an issue with the clips when they first came out. I believe they did a update or check to anyone’s KRX who had it in
It was a 2020, purchased last May I think, I don’t have the vin for a production number.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It was a 2020, purchased last May I think, I don’t have the vin for a production number.
that is I. The time frame of the models that they checked, he should reach out to his dealer they should be able to verify and fix . I believe all the need to do is change the clip but most people I heard about Kawasaki changed their axle.

DrShotgun

DrShotgun

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 20, 2020
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I’m taking my brother in law to look at a 2020 with 170hrs. Anything particular we should be looking at/for?

Reactions: Mudwing and TimG
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
100%!!
As much as we bash belt driven machines... a DCT is worthless with big tires as the all knowing Honda doesn’t seem to think we need lower gears to put bigger tires on it. A cvt sure makes upgrading tire size a lot easier.
Every two inch tire increase you need to rework your clutch (Weights/Springs) on belt machines and they need a rebuild kit installed every so often too.

WB

Reactions: DrShotgun and TimG
Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Steering knuckle update/replace. Clutch upgrade, the earlier ones seemed to get scored surfaces real easy, clutch one way bearing upgrade. A dealer should be able to verify if he has the vin.
I found this "issue" yesterday with the front driver side shock reservoir retaining clip. It's only about 30% in. Waiting for my dealer to respond as I'm about to add new larger aftermarket reservoirs with Schrader valves and don't want to get blamed if there is damage to the retainer clip recess.
3 4 21 Front Right Shock Retainer clip

DrShotgun

DrShotgun

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 20, 2020
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys! It’s a steal of a deal I think. $14.7k. He just wants payoff. I work with his mom. He wants to buy a new diesel and he works on barges so he’s gone 28 days at a time.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Thanks guys! It’s a steal of a deal I think. $14.7k. He just wants payoff. I work with his mom. He wants to buy a new diesel and he works on barges so he’s gone 28 days at a time.
Earlier in the thread I spoke of my buddies 2020 having the axles pop out at the transaxle. He got it back last weekend. It was a full warranty fix. Bad or missing entirely retaining clips were an issue on the early 2020 models. Also on early models was problem with the front knuckles as others mentioned. Both are now corrected and Kawi owned the issues.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Also, every time you get the belt case wet you have to drive backwards till it dries - or park it awile. Ask @CP how I know :).

WB
Damn Wolverine belt, it’s only slight fault . Ya it’s happened a couple times.