GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Any updates

I half heartily tried my Talon R with no results, interestingly enough from a stand still a doing a full throttle lunch in my Pioneer the RPM's go to 4,000 before the clutch engages.

my X4 ecm I sent to Zmorris88 because he wanted to read it out, and I didn't have a wiring diagram anyway now he got both my Pioneer and my X4 ecm after four texts in two weeks he blows me off with one text saying he busy and don't have cell service I hope I am wrong but I think Snuff pegged him right that he is a blow hard at this point I will give him another two weeks then I will become a pest and call him every day until he sends my X4 ecm back programed or not or he blocks my number

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I half heartily tried my Talon R with no results, interestingly enough from a stand still a doing a full throttle lunch in my Pioneer the RPM's go to 4,000 before the clutch engages.

my X4 ecm I sent to Zmorris88 because he wanted to read it out, and I didn't have a wiring diagram anyway now he got both my Pioneer and my X4 ecm after four texts in two weeks he blows me off with one text saying he busy and don't have cell service I hope I am wrong but I think Snuff pegged him right that he is a blow hard at this point I will give him another two weeks then I will become a pest and call him every day until he sends my X4 ecm back programed or not or he blocks my number
Why didnt he buy his own?...

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Why didnt he buy his own?...

He thought he could read it copy it into any ECM and then he would not have no use for it, and he found a sucker to send him one for free for a good story, I think see a Vision in my future.

Reactions: snuffnwhisky
H

HondaTech

What's weird is the wiring diagram shows the same pin out for both 2 and 4 seater models. But the 2 seater PCM is a different part number vs a 4 seater. Both the base X4 and the Live Valve share the same PCM.

So I propose swapping PCMs between a Live Valve and a 2 seat then the same between a base X4 and a 2 seat. To see if launch control is in the base X4 as it should since the PCM is the same between the 2.

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm not sure why the fascination with launch control. Do you guys think a good launch is going to win races against other machines which typically have 10 to 80 horsepower more than your Honda? Besides drag racing, what good is launch? Do you think when you're out in the boonies, miles from the trailer, your first thought is going to be "use launch control to blast up these hills, thru this sand, etc"? If you're thinking at all, you might want to treat your drivetrain with smooth deliberate motion to allow it to get you home.
Or whatever you're thinking ...carry on.

H

HondaTech

I'm not sure why the fascination with launch control. Do you guys think a good launch is going to win races against other machines which typically have 10 to 80 horsepower more than your Honda? Besides drag racing, what good is launch? Do you think when you're out in the boonies, miles from the trailer, your first thought is going to be "use launch control to blast up these hills, thru this sand, etc"? If you're thinking at all, you might want to treat your drivetrain with smooth deliberate motion to allow it to get you home.

My boss races GNCC/Enduro type races where the start can be a race winner.

The fascination is just trying to figure out a way around the fact that they aren't offering it on anything but the Live Valve.

Reactions: nm6r
W

Wigglysqiggly

May 8, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X
Im thinking it might be in the switch I purchased one online and waiting to wire it up. I say this because i did turn signal diy way for cost but used a normal switch but I switch it to a turn signal switch and worked properly

W

Wigglysqiggly

May 8, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X

Just because you have more horse power doesn’t mean your the fastest, plus the honda uses a real transmission which has less horse power loss than a cvt.

some people also race there side by side while others do trail riding so this function can be use full

Reactions: popeye and nm6r
H

HondaTech

Im thinking it might be in the switch I purchased one online and waiting to wire it up. I say this because i did turn signal diy way for cost but used a normal switch but I switch it to a turn signal switch and worked properly

I've tried this already, didn't work.

The Live Valve and blade X4 have the same PCM, but the 2 seaters have a different part number.

We're thinking the PCM for the 2 seater doesn't have the programming or the light missing is causing it to not work.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV

I am interested launch control for getting out of the bottom of a small creek with wet tires (I have been there) or similar situations where it is slick and you need wheel speed and don't have the space to get you rpm's up into the real power before your climbing the bank.
I have no intentions of doing 8,000 rpm dry asphalt launches, a little mechanical understand of your machines capabilities and a healthy dose of common sense and it will work fine.

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am interested launch control for getting out of the bottom of a small creek with wet tires (I have been there) or similar situations where it is slick and you need wheel speed and don't have the space to get you rpm's up into the real power before your climbing the bank.
I have no intentions of doing 8,000 rpm dry asphalt launches, a little mechanical understand of your machines capabilities and a healthy dose of common sense and it will work fine.
Please share video of this maneuver if you get launch control working. Just don't show the video to your dealer.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4

breaking in my talon x4 the other night.

front tires 2’ from the bank and climbing a steep hill.

I don’t see how launch mode would do anything but make you have less traction in that situation.

The talon spins the tires with authority from a dead stop.

I think launch mode is for racing or messing around only.

no actual reasonable, practical daily use.

Outacntrl

Outacntrl

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I could definitely see it being useful to "bump" you up and over something in the trail. Is it for everybody? No, but for the guys who don't mind beating on their machine I could see it being useful, provided the drivetrain survives. I know I am excited for someone to get it to work in a Pioneer.

Reactions: popeye
jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
I think launch control (or rather control) is gimmicky. Mostly useful for drag racing in sand dunes probably. But what's the point of drag racing a non-turbo car?

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
My local dealer is who got me X4 ECM and wiring diagram. LOL

H

HondaTech

Update: Installed the Launch Control switch in the base X4 and nothing happened. I noticed on the Live Valve, that when engaging Launch Control the machine puts itself into Sport mode as indicated on the display. The base X4 did not do this when trying the Launch switch.

Doing some more digging, the meter/dash sub harness for a base X4 is the same as a 2 seater while the Live Valve is different. Obviously for the lights in front of the wheel for the suspension control and Launch.

That harness is connected to the main with a 23 pin connector, the 2 seater shows to only populate 17 of those pin, while the Live Valve shows 21 pins populated. I've yet to get a chance to see if a base X4 has the 21 wires going into the connector from the harness side or if its the 17 pins from the 2 seater.

I'm thinking the Launch light may be the reason for it not operating, since there is a CAN Hi and CAN Lo line going into that indicator box, but they could also be just for the suspension indicators.

I'm also interested in seeing if the PCM has the same software number between the X4 and Live Valve.

Reactions: GPR1500SC
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Dusty Schaller (Dynojet)

We are ready to go on the launch control / DCT tuning upgrade. This upgrade is $100. Please submit your PV_Info file and/or your tune file and we can get it updated.

------------

You do have to have the Powervision 3 to flash the ECU though. If its anything like my YXZ, the launch rpm can be set even with WOT. I'm not adding it to mine, just FYI info.

Reactions: Landman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!